Sunday, June 6, 2010

New blog look fer now and ramblin's

I guess I am going to leave the new blog look fer now. I will probably be tweeking it here and there. I dont know if you noticed but I enlarged the font on the blog. I didn't know I could do that before. Dang I git behind on the times. Most of the time I'm not wearing my eyeglasses at my computer, once I take them off when I git home rarely do I put them back on unless I'm reading an actual book so this enlarged font comes in handy.

Well friends, I tried downloading my pics again from camera to pc but I was unsuccessful. I dont know why it is not letting me. I would love to remove the Kodak software. I dont like it. My blog is looking really bland without pics. Since my laptop died on me and Im having to use the old dinosaur age desktop, alot of my previous conveniences are no longer available. This really irritates me. For example, my laptop had a lil sd memory card slot that I could just insert my memory card in and it would display all the pics on it. With this old desktop I dont have the slot. I have to connect cable from camera to pc and it takes FOREVER to do anything IF the freakin batteries in the camera dont die by then!! I'm really screwed right now.

This was my rotation weekend to work. Oh how I love working weekends..NOT! The temperatures were hot this morning and humid to the core. Even at 5:20am when I left the house! My clothes were drenched in sweat but I don't guess it was too bad. We still did what needed done and a lil more. And since I had to work, I didn't see no point in going to that lil place-o-mine. It would be a waste for the most part since it is a lil bit of a drive. I do miss it though when I don't go.

Our forecast is calling for 40% chance of rain fer the whole week. When I was at work, the skies looked "moist". There was that feeling and look about them that rain was somewhere. I guess when you live somewhere most of yer life you learn to read the weather. Although I'm sure farmers would love the rain, I really don't want it as this just sets off the damn skeeters again!

I set my seedling cayenne peppers outside and they are looking great. In the little time they have been out there they look like they have grown a whole inch. They are still small...they stick out like 4inches from the surface. My chili pequins(pe'keens)are doing good outside as well. They are growing but slowly. I wish I could share the pics. The serrano's don't look to well. They look flimsy. They are tall n green but look weak and flimsy. I put shish kabob wooden sticks to support them. They dont look too promising to me. Maybe that rain that's coming will set them off good.

Not much else to report from my other home here in the city, 'cept that I don't like neighbors this close.

I hope ya'll had a great weekend and that yer homesteading projects are looking great. Until next time, see you on the backroads.

No comments: