Golly nothing interesting going on in this part of the world. Just go to work, come home. Work has been dull to say the least. I have applied for a different position at work and hope I get a shot at it.
This weekend I took a short day trip with the man from work and his wife to his brothers place. They live about 55 miles away or so way out in the sticks. I really loved their place. Its hidden and wayyyyyy off the beaten path. I would never be found there..its great! We went and picked up two non running Craftsman riding mowers that his brother was going to scrap if no one wanted them. So my friend said he'd go get them and try to make one running mower out of the two or maybe get both running. To my surprise, he said that if he got one going he was giving it to me since I needed one. I thought that was too nice of him. He said to give him some time to work on it. I told him to take all the time he needs. On our way home we had a nice lunch then headed back home with full stomachs. Of course I ate all kinda stuff I shouldn't have. When we got back to their place, I backed up the trailer and helped him unload the mowers. Shortly after I left he called to tell me to hear something...it was a mower running..lol. But he said he wanted to swap out engines and all this other stuff. They are nice folks.
I didn't make it out to my country place this weekend. Poor lil place-o-mine I sure do miss it when I cant go. At times it seems like such a long drive and it kinda is but gas prices are so very intimidating right now that just one day spent there does not justify that expense.
God Bless everyone in West Texas who has been affected by the wildfires. Please pray for them.
Thank you fer stoppin' by. Until next time, see you on the back roads.
5 comments:
I'm happy to hear that you are getting a good mower! Have to admit the price is right!
Hope you get out to the place real soon!
Hello HermitJim...
Yes sir, I thought the price was right too :). Sure do need a mower. Once the wildflowers start taking off there is no stopping them not to mention the honey bees that come with 'em. So nice of you to stop by fer a visit. Have a great week! ~Jen
Free is always good. Congrats on getting a mower.
Good luck on the job change! If you can't keep the mower running get a goat.
tffnguy,
Thanks! He said he already swapped the engines. Just needs a lil time to connect stuff and get it going again. I hope its a go, sure do need a mower.
Hi Ms. Frann,
Thanks! I'm looking forward to see what they tell me bout the position. The interested parties will be on try-out basis. I would LOVE to have goats. I have taken some mental notes on fencing and crossfencing...I've got some fence rolls but I will need lots more. Goats make awesome mowers.
Post a Comment