Saturday, February 2, 2013

Another year.

Gosh so much has happened since my last post. For one, I completed six semesters of my curriculum. I am excited about that. I haven't exactly started actively looking for work in that field but I am keeping my eyes and ears open. There are alot of jobs in and around the area due to the oil boom called the Eagle Ford Shale. I know people working such jobs right now and making a very good living at it. My lil homestead has not had much attention as of late. With working full time and school part time and taking my on-call schedule, it had left little time for my project. But now that I'm done with school I hope to spend more time there. I did go out there this past Tuesday because heavy winds and thunderstorms were predicted so I went to secure some things. Needless to say we didn't even get the bad weather. We could use the rain though. Things are extremely dry putting us at high risk for fires. I can't complain about our temperatures as of late. They have been anywhere between the 40's and 60's at night. This is a treat for us South Texans so we need to enjoy them while we can. I did snap some random pics with my phone camera while there on this last visit. You can see how dry things are. Deer tracks all over the place.
One of 3 or 4 game trails.
Looking for rabbit with my Daisy pellet gun. Needless to say, the only one I saw was too fast for me. Lol.
Dusk. I love this time of day.
As the year goes I hope to have more interesting stories to write about such as how-to's, projects, etc. Thanks fer stoppin' by. Until next time, see you on the back roads.

No comments: