Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sick of grocery store meat and produce.

I don't know what is happening to grocery store food..meat and produce to be specific. I can not remember the last time I had some good ground beef. The beef as of late has had an awful texture that at times feels 'gritty, spongy or granular' or all of the above. Buying it is like playing Russian Roulette. It's disgusting. Avocados are expensive and one of the ones I bought was totally rotten on the inside, though it didn't look or feel different on the outside. It is happening too often with produce and don't even get me started on Walmart produce. Earlier today I was reading an article of toxic traces found in chicken and other foods that are eaten on a daily basis. This is no surprise to me as I have read this kind of literature on previous occasions. I feel that this contributes to lots of diseases. I am counting down the days until I am done with school, though I enjoy my classes immensely, this will allow free time for me and I w ill be able to concentrate on my lil place and spend more time there. My goal is to raise my own food as organically as possible or catch it by other means. This is not to say that I am part of a 'green movement' or any movement of any kind but I would rather know what is going into my food and into my body and possibly prevent future illness or disease. I plan to keep a journal of my experiences, trials and errors. It will not be a fairy tale. There will be success's I'm sure as well as failures, setbacks and casualties of sorts but its all a part of the venture. Sorry for the long ramble. I'm just sick of certain grocery foods as of late. It's like throwing away your hard earned money.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Why are my posts not being applied like they are composed? There are supposed to be paragraphs in there and they are not appearing.

Cat said...

Love this post, Jen, it's exactly what I've been thinking! I've been working really hard to buy only farm-raised stuff. I never buy any fresh food at walmart.
Can't tell ya why the post is off; I've been having formatting problems on my blog, too.

Jen said...

Hi Cat! Good to see ya! Other than eggs, I dont know of anyone around here selling farm raised goods which blows my mind. For a while I was getting fresh raw milk from a Brown swiss cow. Omg it was the best! I even made a lil butter with it. Thank you fer stoppin' by. I will try to do better at keeping up this blog.