Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

I hope everyone one had a good Christmas. I enjoyed mine even though I have a nasty cold. We went to my little cousins house(shes 27 but will always be little to me)to give my nephews(ages 3 & 5) their Christmas presents and share family time and a family meal together. It is what my Gramma woulda wanted. After the kids opened their presents and we ate, we went outside to let DeeDee(my puppy)run around like crazy. She had her nice little pink sweater on and I polished her paw and toe nails pink to match with her sweater. I dont know what it is about dogs running around in big circles but she does that alot and loves it. The kids played chase with her and she got so hyped up that I didnt know if it was possible she would calm down. It was fun to see the kids having fun with her. I felt tired just watching her run so much...lol. After things winded down some we went back inside and sat around watching the kids play with their toys. It started getting colder outside and the evening was just so pretty but it was time to go home and I was kinda ready.
I always enjoy the drive home from their house because I take the backroad that is right by my old childhood homestead. I have fond memories of that place. I can remember far back as being 2 and 3yrs old...certain days and being with my Gramma all day until my Momma got home from work. We have pictures of that place and it is nice to look at them from time to time. An old barn is still there but the house we lived in is tore down with only memories left. A new house is built towards the back of the property now and behind the barn are some hutches. It is a cute piece of property and they keep it nice and neat and fenced. I have always said that if I won millions on the Lotto I would offer them a nice sum for the property because I loved that place so much. The windmills that a company came and put up are down the road from the old homeplace. They look so pretty when the sun is setting just right. Of course its hard to believe that something like that can look pretty in a field but they really do on a beautiful evening sunset. I grew up in wide open spaces with fields as far as the eye could see.
After we got home I took my lil doggie out to the park for a walk. Maybe it was a mistake because this morning my throat is raspy. I cant seem to shake this stuff off.
Today I may take a drive out to my country place and check on things. I havent been there in 2 or 3 weeks. I sure miss it too. I am needing a propane heater or propane RV stove to be able to spend the night there. We have been having some cold nights. I have been looking on craigslist for one and found a propane heater very reasonably priced and told the person to call me and they never called. It would have been a good time to go and check it out. It is located about and hour and a half from home but I really do need one.
Well, thats enough of my ramblin's. I sure hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and shared the day with family and friends alike. Until next time, see you on the backroads.

2 comments:

Mo said...

Glad to hear you had a good Christmas. As for heaters, check out the Mr Heater line. We have the 'Big Buddy' It worked VERY well even when the temperature dropped to -2 F out at the Yonderosa. Once up to room temperature we could run it intermittently on Low or Med and get it right back up to toasty - even my perpetually freezing wife stayed warm. I have to be careful or I might be out of a job ;^).

I hope your 2009 was great and your 2010 is even better.

Jen said...

Hi Mo,

Thanks for the info on the Mr. Heater. It seems like I have seen those products at Tractor Supply but I didnt really pay much mind to it. But now that I know someone has tried it and worked great in frigid temperatures, I will check out the TSC website in a few minutes.

I too hope your and your wife's 2009 was a great year. Thank you for stoppin' by.