OMG I cant believe that it is almost going to be a month since I have made any blog entries. So much has happened since then.
The biggest and saddest thing that happened was that on Dec. 3rd I lost my 38yr old cousin due to complications of diabetes. We are the same age and graduated together. He was an over achiever and was an honor roll student as far back as grade school. He graduated from the University of Texas in Austin and became a CPA. This was all a big shock to us all and I feel so bad for his elderly mother who is my great aunt. That was her baby and he did so much for her and he loved her very much. After the church service and prayer meetings at her house, it seems as if things are starting to settle slowly. We had some really good times together and everytime I saw him we always joked and laughed about something silly. God Bless him and his family.
Between trying to pee pad train the puppy, work and my health, I have found very little time to work on my country place. Last month I was diagnosed with Diabetes Type II and I had a time trying to get adjusted to medication and getting blood sugars leveled. This is quiet drastic for me as I have never had any type of disease before. The medication has helped tremendously and I had seemed to do fine until recently my blood sugars bottomed out. It was a scary feeling to have a hypoglycemic attack. It has happened three times so far then I saw the doctor and he took one of the medications away and so far so good.
When it rains it pours....now Im down wif a cold. I hate colds more than anything. Give me a broke arm anytime over a cold....well not really but almost. I am off from work for five days and now I've got a crappy cold to deal with so Im not sure what all is getting done during this time off.
I am just not in the Christmas spirit this year. Maybe its because of so much happening to me or something but its just not in me this year. Ive got to pick up my lil nephews a lil something but not while the madness of the shoppers are out. Thank goodness for 24 hour Wally World. I will make the escape late at night. My Mom is in on it too.
Thats it for now. I wish I had better and exciting news but I dont. I hope everyone is working on some homesteading projects and spending time with friends and family this holiday season. Until next time...see you on the backroads.
4 comments:
Sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin. I'm especially distressed to hear about your diabetes diagnosis. It sucks, BIG TIME. I was diagnosed when I was 31 and have been on shots for 10 years. If you need any information, just shoot me a line, my whole family has it.
Merry Christmas, Jen, hope you feel better soon.
Thank you MA Fat Woman. I'm not on shots only oral meds but one of them was responsible for the hypoglycemic attacks. Seems Im doing since he took that one med away. I will keep you in mind if I have any questions. Thanks and Merry Christmas to you Ma'am.
Hey Jen, long time no see. I am really sorry about the bad news you bring this time around, but I guess that's the way things go sometimes. I have a bit of cold myself, but I did'nt let it slow me down too much yet. It sucks this time of year. I hope you have a Merry Christmas even if things ar'nt going perfectly as planned.
Hi Hermit,
Sorry to hear you have a cold too. Mine has really nipped me. Im glad you're still able to work on your stuff. I'll have to swing by and see what you're up to. Have a Merry Christmas and thanks fer stopping by.
Post a Comment