Sunday, December 27, 2009

check up

Me and my lil dog DeeDee took a drive out to my country place this past weekend. I was long overdue for a visit. I was kinna surprised to see that the leaves had already fallen off the mesquite trees. The last time I was there only a coupla weeks ago there were still leaves on them. The grass is back to that crunchy brown color and that is fine with me because I think it has gone dormant now until mid spring or maybe longer. I will only need the weedeater, if that, to touch up here and there.
The last time I was there I had tried to put up the last fascia board but failed at the attempt. Even though it is kinda lightweight it is still awkward for me to put up by myself. But this time I was determined and knew there had to be an easier way. After I got done tweeking a soffit board, which was another awkward position, I knew that the fascia board just had to get done. I also forgot my cordless drill which makes my life sooooo much easier. I finally thought of a way to put it up and did so. I kinda came to a stop after that because of the way my crappy cold was making me feel. My nose would be stuffy one minute and very runny the next, plus I was getting some pretty bad body aches.
I kinda just sat there inside my little cabin looking out the door which was wide open. I like doing that because it helps me to envision how my little cabin might look like when I start working on the interior. It is also very cozy inside and just big and small enough at the same time for me. There were other things that could have been done here and there but like I said I had the crappiest of colds. I thought that the best thing to do was go home back to the city and take some medicine and go to bed. So, we headed out. I always hate leaving El Chiquito and a part of me always stays but I really felt like crap and not prepared to stay in the least. I got home and into my pj's and crashed. Im sure DeeDee was tired because she ran around like crazy and crashed out early as well.
Thats it for now. Until next time, see you on the backroads.

No comments: