While at work today, we went to throw some trash at the dumpster and whatdaya know?! There were five kittens in a box...in DIRECT sunlight. Someone placed them there to fend for themselves. These kittens are very young, no teeth, cant walk yet, all but one had opened its eyes. They were adorable but more than anything they needed food, shelter, and out of the hot sun. I couldn't just leave them there so I took them with me. It was about an hour or so before quitting time so I had a coworker that works inside hold them for me. Anyway, I went to the feed store for a bottle and kitten formula, came home and started feeding them one by one. They weren't latching on very good so I hadda use a dropper to start off then they fussed some about the nipple on the bottle but I think they were just trying to catch on. All but one really got the hang of it. I knew I couldnt keep these kittens so I placed an ad on craigslist and was surprised to have a handful of replies. Then on one reply a lady vet tech emailed and said she would take them all, feed them then find them homes which she said she knew she could do since she worked at the local animal hospital. We agreed to meet two itty bitty towns over.
I sent with her the bedding I got for the kittens and two cans of kitten formula and the bottles. In that short time, I was growing fond of two kittens. They seemed to have unique characteristics. Everytime I said "Kitty" in baby cooing voice, those two always looked for me. They were all so cute but they needed more caring than I know how to give kittens. I am so thankful for the people that responded wanting a kitten but Im even more thankful to the lady that said she would take them all.
Here is a picture of the kittens. Three females and two males.

The one I grew fond of.

Cute!

Im so relieved this is over and that they are going to be cared for and eventually placed in homes.
Im tired now. Thanks fer stoppin' by. Until next time, see you on the backroads.
3 comments:
It's too bad you couldn't keep one. The new cat that showed up here has been a lifesaver for me; he keeps me laughing constantly. You're tired a lot lately; sugar does that to you. I know you work outside but you might need to have your vitamin D level checked; it makes you tired as well.
Jen, I know where the folks will end up that left those lil kittens there, and it's HOT there too!
Hey G,
I would have loved to kept one or two but I just couldnt at least not this time. They were so precious and in that short time I was starting to feel a bond. I know they are being cared for. The lady sent me an update saying she has dewormed them and that they are eating well. G, you talk about tired...I feel that I cant get enough rest. Such an awful feeling.
DGR,
Glad to see you stop by. It was sooooo very hot that day, you know...no wind, feels like 1000% humidity and hot as heck and these poor lil babies exposed straight to the hot sun panting with their lil tongues hanging out. That is terrible and very very stressful on their lil bodies!! They might have not survived the rest of the day/night. Glad they were found.
Post a Comment