Sunday, August 1, 2010

More ramblin's.

I've been married to my job for the past coupla weeks or so. Today was the first day I actually "slept in" (till 8am) in a while. I have been so exhausted as of late and not up to par this morning.

Yesterday after work around 2pm or so, I stopped at the cemetery where several family members are laid to rest. It is situated out in the country and is a peaceful place to be. It is a wide open space all around with fields as far as the eye could see. It has always been a place that I liked visiting. Anyway, this cemetery has exchanged hands and are not keeping up with the grounds so I had my trusty Echo weedeater and went to town on our family and friends graves and some of their neighbors graves. I did the neighbors graves because I could almost hear my Gramma telling me to be kind to the neighbors and make theirs look nice too. My Gramma was always kind to her neighbors so I hadda do that to her neighbors graves as well. I didn't mind. For some strange reason, I like being at that cemetery. Maybe it is because I miss my country place and yearn for that country peacefulness or maybe it is because most of our elders that are dear to me are laid to rest there. I don't know exactly what it is but I felt good after I left. I also keep our ol mailmans grave clean. He was a good person and the best mailman and immediate neighbor of ours. One day we saw his Momma at his grave mourning him, she and my Mom are friends and his gravesite was not kept so I made a promise to her that when I come to clean the other graves I normally keep clean that I would be sure to keep her son's clean. That made her so happy and grateful and I intend to keep that promise as long as I am physically able to. I came home, took a shower and relaxed.

Our a/c unit went out at home in the city and am surprised that they actually got to it this afternoon. It wasn't too bad but I wasnt in the mood to see anyone nor communicate with anyone. I had an awful feeling in my head that started suddenly...not because of the heat, I just dont know how it came about. I had been out of medication and started back on it this morning so it may have had something to do with it. Needless to say, I stayed put.

Several hours later Mom mentioned that the new Dollar Tree had just opened so I felt ok to step out fer a bit and we went for house stuff. Everything in there really is a dollar. Its good fer some stuff but not everything. We came back home, I did a few crossword puzzles, read some and here I am trying to psych myself up fer work tomorrow. I really did need a day of doing nothing and rest.

Its been really really hot lately. Please keep hydrated at all times with plenty of cold water handy.

Thanks fer stoppin' by this lil place-o-mine. Until next time, see you on the back roads.

No comments: