Friday, July 1, 2011

I'm back....again.

I have been gone what seems like forever. No I didn't move outta the country, get abducted by ailens or nuthin' like that just had way toooooo many things going on. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with stuff that life dishes out that makes me not wanna do much nor be social. That sounds horrible but its true.
First off was my job. I hated it and it got to where I just dreaded going to work anymore. So much drama and too much bs and I wanted out....quick. If you have ever been in those shoes then you know what I mean. I tell you what, I was taught a big lesson in patience from the Man upstairs. Things don't always happen when you want them to but I really really had about all I could take after a long long wait when God stepped in. Almost instantly I had this big weight off my shoulders and so many thoughts going through my head mostly tryin' to figure how something I wanted so bad happened. Its funny how some bosses or people can either make you like or hate the job. I finally got transferred to another department that I wanted to go to since I started there wayyy wayyy better and a great boss and some great coworkers. My work isn't grooling nor do I dread going to work anymore, in fact I looked forward to my first day at work with the new department! I've always wanted to be in plant operations and process control and this is my first step towards it. My faith has been restored. I'm so much more happier now.
I haven't been to my lil place in a coupla weeks. I feel like I have abandoned it. I guess all the bs that was going on really didnt leave much for my lil place and the reasons why I have it. I shouldnt let things like that come between what I want but honestly I wasnt much in the mood at the time for it. My friend that lives out there does stop by to check on it and she calls me to tell me how she found it. So far so good.
Its been really hot and dry out here. We got alot of humidity from the hurricane that made landfall in Mexico but my immediate area did not receive any rain. We need rain and lots of it. Burn bans are in effect in almost all the surrounding counties. I wished that in times with severe droughts that no fireworks be sold. There are several firework stands through out the country roads for the 4th of July weekend celebration. It can be devastating and only adds to the dangers. I cant help but worry about my lil place out in the brush.
Well, I hope to be here at my blog a lil more often now that things seem so much better. I have a 3-day weekend and dont go back to work until Tuesday. I've got some stuff to catch up on here at home in the city and hope to catch up on some sewing projects that I have been meaning to start. I hope all of you are having an awesome summer despite the hot temperatures and that your gardens overflow with abundance.
Thanks fer stoppin' by. Until next time see you on the backroads.

5 comments:

HermitJim said...

I'm glad that things are looking up for ya!

You know the old saying..."God may not give you what you want, but he'll always give you what you need!"

Hope you get out to the country home place real soon! Have a great weekend!

Jen said...

Thanks Hermit Jim.

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Good to see ya again Jen. I sounds like things are starting to look up for you and that's good. Hope you guys get some rain down there soon.

Jen said...

Thanks Hermit. I sure hope that the worst is over. Im really enjoying where Im at now. Thank you for stoppin by and good to see you too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen

glad your back. Hope you pull off the plant ops. job.

Nothing new here really

gotta go

laters
captaincrunch