Geez its been a while again. Nothing much in the way of homesteading as of late. Its rare these days that I see my lil place anymore. I sure miss it though. Since I cant make it out there as often as I would like I try to keep somewhat busy here at home in the city. I worked on some sewing projects and have been goin' fishing some evenings after work.
I have been really getting back into my lil homesteading mode and itching to be there though sometimes it really is impossible to go over there at all. It is quiet a stretch. But I've got some lil stuff lined up that I've got to work on at my leisure when I can make it out there. I've also been making note of projects I see that people have worked on in the lil town I work in. There is a itty bitty house bout the size of mine but a lean to addition was added on at some point and it seems to be the perfect size for me. A cute lil old lady lives there. I've had the pleasure of meeting her when I was at one of our substations checking on some stuff. I need just a wee bit more space to be able to store small garden tools, shelving for linens, towels, food etc.
Indoor things need to get done like walls. Outdoor stuff would have to wait till either really late evening or right before sunrise. It is hot here in the city but over there it really gets hot! We are all in a severe drought. There hasn't been any rain to speak of.
Oh yeah, I reached a big mile stone in July. I turned 40yrs old..I'll be darn. It was a quiet and relaxing day. I went out early morning to crab and was greeted by a beautiful sunrise and the smells of the ocean. Oh how I love that smell.
"Mother Mother Ocean, I've heard you call. Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was 3ft tall, you've seen it all you've seen it all. Watched the men who rode you, switch from sail to steam, in your belly you hold the treasures few have ever seen, most of 'em dream most of 'em dream. Yes I am pirate. 200yrs too late...." Love ya Jimmy Buffet.
Beautiful birthday sunrise.
Then I took a short drive to the marina. I LOVE looking at shrimp boats. I just love 'em. I get lost in thought when I seen 'em. Its like they have some great stories to tell. I wish I had my very own one. I would live in it..then I could eat all the shrimp I wanted :)
A lone shrimping boat sweeping the bay floors. I live just across that bay.
It was a good relaxing birthday. I'm not sure how one is supposed to feel at 40 because Im still sorta feeling like I did at 37, 38 and 39. I'm just enjoying the moment.
Thanks fer stoppin' by. Until next time see you on the back roads or somewhere on the water.



6 comments:
Sounds like a great birthday to me. Do you have any neighbors check on your homestead?
Hi Ms. Fran. I have one friend check on it for me ever so often and my neighbors on the next lil road over kinda keep on eye on it too. It really sux not being able to go over there more often.
HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY!!
glad you had a beautiful one :)
Thank you tbsomeday!
Hi Jen,
Very nice pics. Hope you get to spend more time at your homestead as you would like.
Claygirl (Sheri)
Hi Claygirl and welcome to my world. I sure would like to be there all the time. I hope things start to change soon. Thanks fer stoppin by.
Post a Comment