Just thought I'd pop in for a few minutes. I know its been a while since I have had anything interesting going on.
I went to my lil homestead over the weekend to check on it and to see how the weeds/grass are since the last time I mowed it. It wasnt bad at all. I'm guessing there hasnt been much rain over there as I thought. Things are still pretty dry. I really wanted to get working on the interior of my lil cabin putting up insulation to get it out of the way but with temperatures at 103 I passed for a cooler day. It was damn hot and not much of a breeze. Trees need trimming but that is not priority so it will have to wait. I threw some seasonings together before I left the city and formed some hamburger patties and grilled 'em later that afternoon with some mesquite. They were very good.
While walking the property I did notice that deer have been passing through as there were several fresh deer tracks. There is also alot of bedding going on in my other acre that is untamed. This is just another indication that leaves me feeling like we are going to have an early winter. It is hard to explain but there have been several indications that makes me feel like winter will be here earlier this year, for us way down South Texas that is. I know winter is almost a brief spell for us but it is always a nice welcoming.
Other than work nothing much going on these days. I'm feeling like I really need some time off from work...even a four day weekend might help. I am not feeling rested as of late so maybe some request for time off is in order.
Thats all I have for now. Im not even sure this blog gets looked at or not. But if you do and still find it of some random interest then thank you.
Until next time, see you on the back roads.
9 comments:
I was wondering where you went. I always stop by.
Hi G. and Thanks! I hope all is well in yer neck of the woods. Good to see ya! ~Jen
glad to see you back amongst the blogging...
Bigfoot in TX
I kinda share your feeling about Winter...and I'll have to admit that I'm looking forward to some cooler weather for a change!
Don't think we will ever get rain again here in Houston, at least at my house!
Glad you at least had a chance to get out to your place for a small visit!
Hi Bigfoot. Glad to see you here. I hope there may be something here in my lil world that you may have learned or even find amusing. Thanks! ~Jen
Hello HermitJim. Good to see you again, Sir. Yes its been hot hot hot. Today was another humid uncomfortable hot day. So glad I'm here at home now, couldnt wait to get here.
We have had some brief spells of showers here at home in the city. We got some nice downpours and then just like that it was over...enough to make grass and weeds grow. I know its pretty hot up there where yer at too. Thanks fer stoppin' by. Have a good day! ~Jen
Like reading your blog.
Hey Jen,
Just stopped by to check on ya. I see you haven't been here since the last time. Hope you get time off soon, we sure miss ya in the chatroom. Take care, see ya soon.
Thanks RedEyeMule. Good to see you stopping by.
Ollie!!!!
Thanks fer thinkin' of me. I've missed yall too. Love ya.
Post a Comment