Ok I'm back. I have gone awol again.
Since this is my 200th post I would like to take the time to thank all you darlin's that have subscribed to my blog or just like reading my blog. I never thought many people would like reading about my life out in the deep brush country in the middle of nowhere and my lil' dream that I have shaped piece by piece and board by board. Thank you all for your encouragement, inspirations, ideas, and comments. I love you all. Oh yeah, and to the few people that ever laughed at my lil dream of living in the middle of nowhere, with no utilities in a very dry land and said that a girl just couldnt build her own house that it just couldn't be done..thank you. For without your negative comments I may have just thought I really couldn't do it. I love you all just the same. (Though none of the them were my blog friends because they all believe anything can be done.)
Now back to the drawing board.
I don't make it to my lil place often so sometimes I feel there isnt much to write about since that was the whole idea of this blog. I was, however, there last weekend. Oh how peaceful and quiet it was. It was just what I needed that I just wanted to cry. It is getting wayyy to noisy here in the city. People slammin' doors all the time and thumpin' their stereos so loud. This is beginning to really bother me now. I would have been at my lil place right now but I had some things to take care of today that by the time I get there it doesn't leave me with too much daylight. I may drive in early morning though and if I don't well that's ok because I have a four day weekend coming up before I go on call again on 11/28 then I'm really homebound for seven days. I'm not complaining though, my paycheck doubles.
As I am sitting here, I have been looking at other people's pics and ideas on their small homes/cabins online and have been planning some things of my own. For a while now, I have been wanting to fill in what I call 'dead space'...meaning space over my head leaving maybe a 12" gap between my head and the loft floor and make like a loft for storage. Since I only have 256 sq.ft to work with I need to utilize as much space possible. I am really excited about this as I have really felt a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment building my humble little house. I have some new lumber as well as salvaged and recycled lumber so for now I wont need to buy any wood..I will work with what I have. I'm always on the lookout for scrap or recycled lumber. I did want to go to Lowe's later this evening to price some rolled laminate flooring. Last time I was there they had different patterns. Sometimes people change their minds about it and for some odd reason return it or maybe they have like 12'x12' or so left from the roll and they sell it cheap. I don't want carpet at all.
One of my good friends gave me a beautiful armoire that at first I thought may be too big but the more I look at it the more I like it. It has a mirror, a space to hang clothes, a hat cubby and a shoe cubby. I am going to store towels, garments and extra clothes in there. I will take a picture of it next time. Boy it was heavy. She and I loaded it and unloaded it and I will say it kicked my ass. But its there now sittin' purdy.
There really isn't much to do here in the city. I don't like going outside here where we live. Everyone seems to be nosey and I like to keep private. Sometimes when the mood strikes I like to tinker with jewelry making. So far I have made about six or seven pair of earrings out of wire and beads. I have also made some rosaries from beads. It is a relaxing hobby and allows me to think about alot of stuff in a relaxing mode. Maybe I will post some pics in my next post or so.
Well, I guess I've talked yer ear off now. I'm gonna go and get something to drink. Thanks fer stoppin' by fer a visit as I sure enjoyed the company and Im glad you enjoyed the tea.
Until next time..see you on the backroads.
6 comments:
Glad you're back and congrats! on your 200th post. Sometimes, you just need a break from writing just like everything else.
Thanks G! Good to see you too. Congrats on yer book. Will be puttin' in an order soon.
Hey, Jen! Glad to see you posting again. Come see us in chat sometime. Your lil house is a big accomplishment. I'm sure you are real proud. I love to see things coming together for you.
Well hello there Ms. Deb. Thanks fer the kind words. Sometimes I still cant believe I built that lil house.lol. It is good to see you too. I'll stop by chat soon. I miss everyone. Thanks fer stoppin by.
Glad you are back, however the new type style makes reading very difficult...at least for me, why the change?
Anonymous...thx. But the blog needed a new look. Kinda makes it look like its handwritten.
Post a Comment