Sunday, November 27, 2011

Where did the weekend go?

I spent some time at my lil place this weekend. There were some things that needed to be taken care of and so I made my journey. It seems like every time I drive over there a million thoughts run through my head. I'm not sure if it is anticipation or what but whatever it is let's me release what ever thoughts have hindered my progress.

When I finally arrived, I was glad to see that all was as I had last left it. Since I don't have a front gate, I am always worried about those 'what if's' like what if someone drove into my property. I have been broken into and ever since then I am always anxious when I turn on to my road. But thankfully all seem undisturbed. I did take note that my neighbor that has the property right behind me has put up his property for sale. It is just a hair under two acres. I wouldn't mine having that piece of property but I'm not exactly looking forward to more debt. I am wanting to get out of my debt soon. In about five years I should be done with my debt.

I had a weedeater that was gonna get thrown away by someone I know. When I asked if I could have it he said ok but emphasized the fact that it didn't turn on and I told him that was fine. Well, that's the first thing I started to work on. Sure nuff that thing didn't want to turn over for nuthin' but after I changed the fuel lines, changed the fuel filter, put fresh mixed fuel, broke the carb down and cleaned it, checked if for spark, gave it a coupla shots of B-12 it puttered and gave a fit but it fired up. I took advantage of it and put it to work...it aint no machine like my Echo weedeater but it does the job. I guess I only spent about $6.00 to get it going. In the past I have mentioned that I've taken an interest in small engine repair. I feel that if my primary equipment to sustain the place run on gas then I need to learn the basics and have a little knowledge about fixing them. I will never be an expert on it but I feel that if I am in the middle of a job at my place and something breaks down I at least need to know what Im looking at and what I think it might be.

Enough of that.

After a while, I went inside and started to clean up some stuff I had laying around. It feels cluttery in there sometimes because it is also being used as a shed for now. But some things had been in there that needed putting away in their appropriate spots. I also threw away some things I will never use. It did look alot better after I got done with the lil place.

Oh yeah...during the week I scored alot of flower pots. Not fancy flower pots but the kind that come with a plant or flower when you buy them. Someone threw away a whole bunch of them and put them on the curbside for the trash man to pick them up. I felt so lucky to have them. They make great starter pots or permanent pots. I stacked them up nicely and put them away.

As the day went on my back started killing me. I started working on my riding mower since it is broke down and I only did so much because as it got colder the stiffer my lower back got so I put my tools away and called it a day. We had a cold front coming in and the winds were expected to kick up gusting into the 30-40mph+winds. Weather change was definitely being felt.

I walked around the property with camera in hand. The sun was startin' to set. For some reason when I stood in this very spot the whole world seem to stop for a moment and it was some peace to the air. It may not look like some extraordinary pic but the moment itself was extraordinary to me..for the way it made me feel and the peace it gave me.

Then this caught my eye. I just missed the sunset between the mesquite trees. I thought the setting was right. The pic has a 'wintery' look to it.

It was still some daylight left and just before I went in to prepare for the night my friend called and asked if I wanted to come over so I accepted. (I am surprised I even had reception as my phone reception really sux out there.) They live 8 miles up the road. We always have a good time talking about life, our hobbies, and even some fellowship. I ended up staying the night. She calls one of their spare bedrooms my room..lol. Its where I always sleep when I stay there and it is equally quiet there. It got really cold out there. I walked outside at sometime in the night to check on a feeder and the winds were vicious with a temperature of about lower 40's..maybe less. It always gets colder out there than here in the city. I left their place today with two big bag fulls of three different kinds of grapefruit. One is a white grapefruit, ruby red grapefruit and one that seem like they called it indian grapefruit which is my favorite since it is both sweet and semi-tart. Their trees are just full of fruit and delicious. Im going to put one in my lunch bag for tomorrow.

I better get going now. We have a freeze warning in effect with temps dipping into the lower 30's. I need to go put some cover over our plants. Then tomorrow its back up to the 70's...go figure...but that be South Texas weather for ya.

Thanks fer stoppin' by. Until next time, see you on the back roads.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was 24 degrees here last night! At least all the flies are gone...great pictures.

Jen said...

omg Frann...that is tooo cold! I hope you were warm in your abode. No kiddin' bout the flies. I hate flies! Glad you enjoyed my pics. Thank you fer stoppin' by.

Gianetta said...

It snowed here today!

Jen said...

Hi G. What is snow? lol. Seriously, i wouldn't know how to get around in that stuff. lol