Monday, December 12, 2011

Citrus stuff. And a ghost?

I have been collecting seed..mostly from the different varieties of grapefruit that I got from a friends place. I have also been researching information about growing grapefruit from seed and everything I read says its not as easy at it seems. Stubborn as I can be, I will still probably plant these seeds when it starts to warm up some. Have any of you ever grown a grapefruit tree from seed? Or tangerine seeds? I got a big bagful of tangerine's from another friend of mine. They are delicious.

On a different note, today I took the day off. I had something important to take care of. After all that was done about 2pm I laid down for a nap. I was alone...maybe?. Then two hours later I woke up to a loud noise in the kitchen..it seemed like I heard it as it was happening. It was loud. So I reluctantly got out of bed and slowly walked to the kitchen and there about 10ft away from the trash can was the trash can lid! I stared at it for a long time trying to make sense of what had just happened. The lid is on hinges so there is no way it could have just fallen off. All kinda stuff went through my head like stuff you see in the movies. I felt like there was some unseen force standing there daring me to pick this lid up. So I stood there longer...contemplating, then ran scenarios in my head like what if I picked up the lid and this force hit me with it? I know it sounds dumb and I kinda felt dumb standing there so I sat on the couch...waiting fer somethin' to happen. Then the excitement wore off so I got up and picked up the lid and put it back on the lil hinges..still wait'n fer somethin' to happen. Nothing. I might note that this is not the first time that unexplainable things happen in the kitchen. There is just no way this lid would come undone by itself and fly ten feet from the trashcan. I wanted to snap a random photo but was afraid that I might find an apparition on the photo. Ok, off my rant now. But I think there was a ghost here today.

4 comments:

offgridbob said...

Jen

I want what your drinking

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and best wishes for all your plans!

Anonymous said...

Jen, Do ya rekin you were still asleep and dreaming that you were awake? Miss you in chat! DGR

Jen said...

offgridbob...One Diet Dr. Pepper comin' up. Happy Holidays to you and the Mrs.

Ms. Frann...I hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well. May the New Year bring you many blessings.

DGR! I was awake..I was. You shoulda heard this noise. It was loud like someone was here. Miss u too. Happy Holidays.