Happy New Year everyone!
Now that the holiday rush is over I am feeling a little better. I may sound like a scrooge but I don't care too much for all the commotion of the holidays. It makes me feel like I'm on edge...kinda feeling like there is some kind of deadline with myself and I don't take to deadlines well. Though I spent the day with my family. I had a ball with my lil nephews and their dog. I had the best laughs and good time with them on Christmas day. I am so proud of them. They are growing up to be cute, funny, smart and fine young men. I still remember the day they were born and how I held them close. We bonded instantly..they are like my own.
In spite of all my holiday anxieties and excitement I hope that your holidays were well spent with family and friends with full bellies of good holiday food.
Nothing much going on in the way of my lil homestead. We had some good rain the last coupla weeks which means that I would probably get my truck stuck in my unpaved driveway. I've got the kind of clay dirt that turns sticky when wet. I have often thought it would be good mud wrestling in the yard in certain areas. Hey, that would be fun! Aside all that, I need to get that driveway paved with caliche. I hate being restricted on when I can and cant' go due to rain. By now it should be mostly dried up. There might be some soft spots here n there but not bad. I was on call the last seven days from today. Yup, I got stuck with the holiday on call schedule. I woulda had a four day New year weekend off that I coulda spent at my lil place but oh well at least I have a job.
I did read the book called The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I LOVED it! I need to watch the movie now. Everyone that has seen the movie says it is very good. Right now I am reading a book written by John Muir.
Since I don't get to that lil place-o-mine as often as I would like I have lil hobbies that I work on such as piddlin' with jewelry making, sewing, reading etc. I haven't started any new sewing projects though I did find a nice inexpensive paisley fabric the other day that I think I am going to make aprons out of and maybe some potholders. I love fabric. But as of late I have been piddling with jewelry stuff such as earrings, pendants, rosaries, and a few bracelets. Here are some pics to show you:
Dragon-fly that I'm gonna make a pendant out of.
I needed earrings to match a brown dress so I made these in a pinch. They are very plain and simple and I got compliments on them.
A simple bracelet.
Another dragon-fly that I am going to make a hair-pin out of. It is slightly bigger than the blue and silver one.
That's about all I have for now. I hope to head out to my lil place this weekend. I know it is in much need of attention. Thanks fer stoppin' by this evening. Always good to see you.
Until next time, see you on the backroads.
-Jen
3 comments:
I mud wrestled once back in high school I found dirt and sticks in places that shouldn't be mentioned for days.
Hi G. Why does it not surprise me that you have mud wrestled?!
I cannot understand the big freakin rush for the holidays, I just sent a holiday card, for christmas, hanukkah, new years day and dragon year 2012 of the asian calendar, put in a nice check and the recipient a relative was so so so happy, he lives alone, lost his partner of nearly 30 years about 9 years ago, never has been the same, did not contact his oldest brother my husband for about 25 years and the family did not go out to see him, well we did and now at gasoline nearly $4.00 a gallon we cannot..so e-mailing, calling long distance and sending cards via the usps that is how we communicate, he is happy we do that..so what is the big thing about one day and one time to be good and spoil those you love never ever figured that one out, we always go to a movie on christmas and some food at a place that stays open 365 24 hours and I tip the waitlady or fellow the amount of my meal...they seem to enjoy that and treat us like kings and queens, they want to be home with their families if they don't work they don't get paid, so we view the holidays a lot different than running around like crazy, my hubby retired after a lifetime of working grocery retail, pretty soon, all the grocery stores will be open on christmas so why the big rush...In texas when we visited when we first were married in 1974 everything was closed and we had a wonderful visit with family and they never thought to run out for anything, either they had the food and presents or oh hell well as the term was used, I loved those kin of mine..happy new year, love your blog...just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment