Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm back.

Wow its good to be back to my little blog. I wasn't sure that it even existed anymore. I know that it has been a long time since my last post but here I am again.

There have been some interesting things going on since my last post. For one I started school again. I've got two more semesters to go for my tech class, actually three but I'm working on one right now. I go twice a week. And just last week I'll be darned I finally enrolled in the small engine repair class that I have been wanting to take for so long. Its local too which is really nice. That class is only once a week. I've only been to it once which was last week which was the first day of class. I had fun in there. After getting oriented and introductions he had showed us how to put the starter rope on the recoil starter and the coil should it come undone. I know it sounds like such a small and petty thing to learn but I certainly needed that lesson as one day I finally gave up on trying to figure out how to install the dang starter rope on a mower I have. It is sitting in a bucket until I can get to it again. He said that every week after a review and discussion of a chapter we would have hands-on small engines repair. After the third week we are allowed to bring in a project of our own to work on! I can't wait!

Aside from all the excitement of school, it is sad to say that this leaves very little time for the homestead. It is a far drive but I keep telling myself that all this will be worth it someday. My tech class will hopefully land me a better job, thus, better pay which in turn will allow me for much much needed improvements on the property and my small engine class to keep my equipment running, at least that is the plan and my motivation.

I still work on my lil jewelry what-nots. It's like a stress reliever for me since I cant get to that lil place of mine too often these days. I finally was able to get me a ring mandrel and went to town on making some rings out of 20 gauge wire. I used whatever beads I had on hand as a trial but I must say they turned out well. I can't do jewelry though whenever or else my heart won't be in it rather the mood has to strike. Here are some of my projects:

The first one's I made. I made the one on the left for my Mom.

The one on the left I made with colored wire. The center piece is a button I got at Walmart in a set of three! The other I made of copper jewelry wire. I thought the blue bead was a nice contrast against the copper. I don't know why the image isn't to clear.

This is a cute vintage looking piece I put together from things I had in my jewelry stuff. I wasn't sure if I wanted to make a brooch or hair piece from it but I thought a hair piece would look lovely and adds a soft feminine touch.

I hope all is well with you and your loved one's on the homestead. I hope that Spring lets you sow healthy foods for your bellies. I'll be around some but mostly trying to get through school and such.

Thanks fer stoppin' by. Until next time, see you on the back roads.

2 comments:

stella said...

Oh how cute, love the lil rings, they are just darling. Now ya need to make charm bracelets to go with em. Glad to see ya posting again. Isnt it so amazing the roads life presents us with to travel.
Hugs muh fren. miss talkin to yas

Jen said...

Hi Stelly and thanks. I started on a bracelet but at the time I didnt have all I needed so I put it aside. I'm getting jewelry making stuff a lil at a time so I will come back to that project.
Yes, last year I woulda never thought I'd be taking two different classes at once...much less one class. I'm so excited that I'm going to school for stuff I like. Miss ya too muh friend. Hugs to ya.