Friday, March 16, 2012

Mess o' catfish

I've had a few days off. I had the vacation time available and since I've been at my job going on three years, I've never taken an extended amount of personal time off. Quiet honestly I'm feeling a lil burned out at work so I needed to step away.

Anyhoo, yesterday afternoon a friend called me and asked if I wanted to go up to the pier to fish fer a lil while so I said yes. I had been in the kind of fishing mood where you throw yer lines out and let 'em soak. It was ideal conditions for gafftop catfish. It amazes me that alot of people around here don't like this particular catfish because it is slimy. Heck, its only slimy on the outside. Well we went and caught a whole mess of five of 'em. My friend caught the first one on the very first cast and almost immediately. We were hoping the gafftop were gonna show themselves as its that time of year. She had to leave early but I stayed till about 1am and caught four more. Kinda odd for me these days to stay out that late anymore but I was having fun. A friend is coming in from outta town this weekend so we're going back for round two tonight. Haven't seen him a while so it will be some good camaraderie tonight We are gonna start stocking our freezers for an awesome fish fry.

Here a are my cats:

Thanks fer stoppin' by. Until next time, see you on the backroads or on the water.

5 comments:

HermitJim said...

Nice looking mess of fish! Nothing says Spring like a good fish fry, especially on the water!

Back yards are still good, though!

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Nice to see you're out and enjoying life Jen. Sounds like we're both over worked and under played at times.

Jen said...

Thanks HermitJim. They were delicious too! Fried some up for me and my Mother. Couldn't get any fresher than that. Glad Spring is coming around. Thanks fer stoppin' by.

Hello FC Hermit...I had to take a lil time off for some R and R. It was great not working for a week and an half. Now back to the grind tomorrow. Thanks fer stoppin by.

Anonymous said...

Work is so over rated...Now I want fish!

DR said...

Jen, you be careful out there by your self.