Tonight I had class. In case you don't remember, I am taking some industrial instrumentation classes. There are a total of six semesters and I'm at the ending of my 5th semester. It has been a long long road but I stuck to it because I really like my chosen field. More than anything I have been blessed with good instructors but one instructor in particular is truly the best. Mr. Bill. He has had over 40yrs of field and teaching experience in this field and is truly passionate about what he does. He will elaborate about things that we are discussing or questions one might ask. I ask alot of questions and he explains them in detail...he will even take note if he thinks you still look puzzled..lol. It upsets me when people fall asleep in his class. I feel it is such a disrespect. They have no idea what they are missing.
I swear I could listen to Mr. Bill lecture all day as he is a wealth of information and of good character. It would be more than a privilege to be able to shadow him on a job but I know I won't get that lucky. But suffice it is to know that I have had the opportunity to meet this man and be the recipient of a wonderful education.
Teaching truly is a gift that not everyone is born with. I will always stand proud to say, 'Yes, Mr. Bill was one of my instructors and to that I am ever so thankful for'.
I go off into my moments and hope that one day I may cross paths with this man on a job site, shake his hand and be proud to let someone know that one of the reasons 'I finally made it here' is because of that man. He will always have my attention but most of all he will always have my respect. It is not often in your lifetime that you will meet people like him.
I will probably be a cry baby at graduation in December as it will almost feel like a goodbye to my instructors but the tears will be of will, determination, happiness and achievement.
Thank you Sir...thank you much from the bottom of my heart.
Respectfully,
Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment