Sunday, May 23, 2010

Piddlin'

Not much going on here. I had the entire weekend off in 3 weeks! I had some familial committment with my Mom so I didnt get to go to my country place. I actually got to sleep in till about 8:30am on Saturday. I was really really physically exhausted and my body was telling me that I needed to rest. I slept thru the entire night Friday night which is very unusual for me.
I piddled around with my hot pepper plant seedlings. The serrano pepper and cayenne pepper seedlings are coming around real nicely. The wild chili pequin(pe'keen) seedlings are starting slow. I only planted four as a trial and only one seedling has sprouted. I have tons of wild chili pequin at my country place but I wanted to experiment from seed.
I did some reading this weekend. I love reading through my Foxfire books. I love the people these books are based upon. That was some honest living and I would love to live like that.
We have had some overcast but hot days the past three days. There was a lil bit of a light rain but that was it. It is always much hotter on overcast days and higher UV ray readings as well.
I'm not ready to go back to work tomorrow although I am. Mondays are always busy for us and it is go go go from the minute we get there till the day is almost over. Dont get me wrong, I am grateful to have a job in these hard times but I am thinking a lil vacation in a coupla months may be in order.
I sure hope everyone is doing well and in good health. I hope yer gardens are doing well and overflow with abundance. Until next time, see you on the back roads.

2 comments:

Mo said...

Sure enjoy the updates. Hoping you'll find the balance between work and time at your place. I greatly admire your willingness to tackle the unfamiliar (building) and take hold of a dream. Well done young lady.

Jen said...

Thank you for the kind words Mo. Sometimes the only way to tackle the unfamiliar is to just jump in and do it. I have always said the if you want something bad enough, you WILL find a way to get it.