We have had so much rain from the Tropical Depression Herimine. This is going to set my grass off to grow once again. It got real hot today after a shower but at the same time I feel fall in the air. Our night temps are down in the lower 70's which is a real treat for us here in South Texas.
Today at work, one of the guys found a small baby kitten curled up at the base of a fence wood post on the way to one of our parks that is semi country side. Im so glad he found it because this area is heavy with predators. This is the same area that I spotted the ocelot. It was evident that this kitten was dumped there. She was the cutest lil baby girl kitten with the sweetest face that I somehow swore she could understand what was said. She meowed alot. I'm not sure that this kitty was already weened or not but I had some Kitten Chow in my truck that we soaked in water since it was having a hard time crunching it. She ate some after it softened up but then didn't want anymore. She also did not know how to drink water from a little bowl we had but with a little coaxing she drank a little bit. She had some eye boogers I gently cleaned with a wet paper towel and it did not seem to mind. I also noticed a bare spot on her right arm. She does need a little cleaning up. I held her close for a while, which she liked, then wanted off. We put her in back of the work truck and she found a little nook in which she curled up to. We first put her in a box and she did not want to stay in there. The co-worker that found her did not know if he was going to be able to keep her or not. He asked me if I wanted it fer my country place but she is too small to fend fer herself yet. I am though, on the prowl for some older mousers. Anyway, I am going to follow up on the kitty tomorrow. I am not sure why people dump animals like this, especially when they cannot fend nor find food for themselves.
I was going to write about something else but I forgot what it was about. My sleep was interrupted so that is why I am up right now. I better try to git back to sleep before I lose the "sleepiness" again.
I hope everyone is coming along with yer homesteading, adventure, etc projects and that yer gardens are overflowing with abundance. Until next time, see you on the backroads.
No comments:
Post a Comment