I have been bad at posting on my blog as of late. Sometimes when I get home after work, I'm just too dang tired.
Not much has really been going on in the way of the homestead. The grass kinda seems to be going somewhat dormant. I was there yesterday after work to check on the place and to deliver a picnic table that I bought pretty cheap from a man at work. It is very sturdy! This picnic table is going to come in real handy for various things. I thought I was going to have a time unloading it because my tailgate doesn't come down(*handle broke dont ask) but I got creative and I didn't have any problems with it. Fer some reason, it kinda almost complete's a look of a home. It's kinda like when you know something has been missing for a long time. I'm so happy I got it.
I am on a three day Labor day holiday weekend. I have been looking for time off for a long time. I feel like I don't have time to work on my lil house anymore and when I do as of late it has been unbearably hot inside the lil house. I am wanting to get it winter tight and close in all the drafty spots. I plan to spend more time there as the cooler weather comes upon us.
Today Mom and I are going to a lil BBQ git-together at my lil nephews house. No special occasion or anything we just want to spend time with the kids since we dont see them often like we use to. They love my Mom to death...and they love me too. They are so much fun to watch playing and sometimes they say the funniest things. They just started school last week. They are 5 and 4 yrs old. The five year old is extremely smart in school. He is in kindergarten this year. Last year the teacher said he mastered his lil pre-k task test. Last week he had to learn to say and identify three lil words which were IT, IS and WAS and he got them all correct! Only three students got them all right. That is a big milestone for a child that age. I dont remember them having us do that when I was in kindergarten. The four year old is in preschool. He does not like it when his mom drops him off in the morning. He pitches a fit but the teacher says after that he does fine. He is smart for his age too but not as studious as his brother. They love to color though. They colored so much over the summer that the little one's coloring has improved so much. His colorings look great and they are so proud of them. I love these little boys so much that I look forward to see them any chance I get. Oh, they got a baby male blue healer. It is sooooo cute and the perfect little boys dog. They love to chase and be chased by him. The dog has grown alot since they got it. I play and love on the dog evertime I seem him.
Well, thats it fer now. Mom made a big breakfast and it is ready. After breakfast Ive got to start cookin' my rice. Mom's got a big pot of pinto's going on fer the git together.
Thanks fer stoppin by. Until next time, see you on the back roads.
2 comments:
I know exactly how you feel about not having time for the homestead. Sometimes you just gotta take the work income while it's there. That's how I think about it anyway. Your land is'nt going anywhere and you'll be able to do more when the time is right. Have a good time at the get together Jen.
Hi Hermit. You know exactly how I feel. I've been doing alot of overtime which is great but it catches up to you. It has been sweltering hot over here so that doesnt help much.
I see you've been busy too. Yer place is looking real nice. You've accomplished alot over the past several months. I can't wait until yer there full time.
It is good to see you again and thanks fer stoppin' by to visit.
Post a Comment