I'm not ashamed to say that I have been a hermit for three days straight. I took a vacation day on Friday. Since we were supposed to get a cold snap with ice, sleet and possible snow I didn't want to be out and about. It got really cold fer us South Texans. We are not at all use to seeing temps in the 20's. Thirties yes maybe but that is still way too cold fer us..it is fer me anyway.
Friday I woke up real early. I didn't know what Ol' Man Winter brought for us and when I opened that front door boy that air bit hard. There was ice everywhere, trees cracklin'. Curiosity got the best of me so I put on my bib overalls, ear thingy, two shirts and a jacket camera in hand and out I went..completely forgetting my gloves.
This was the first thing I came to:
There is ice on the mesquite tree and in the background you could see the strong north winds blowing the palm trees. The tops of the palms froze and at times big ice chunks were falling.
Then I came to this:
I just realized how creepy it looks. Those are not orbs on the pic it is drizzle on the lens.
I thought this was kinda cool:
Not sure what kinda hedge this is but poor leaves were just froze over:
Another froze over tree. This definitely looked like winter:
I didn't do anything productive over this cold weekend. I hate the cold. A good friend of mine checked on my country place a coupla days ago and said all was ok so I'm not much worried about going over there right now until it warms up some.
I know there were several states that this storm swept through. I hope everyone faired ok and livestock and pets kept warm.
Thanks fer stoppin' by. See you on the backroads.





9 comments:
Beautiful pictures, tho I swear I cold feel the cold through my computer screen. Stay warm!
Hi Ruth..glad you liked the pics. Its still cold out here but not as bad as it was this past Friday and Saturday. Hope yall are keeping nice n warm. Thanks fer stoppin' by.
Hey Jen
I just read your post. All I did was stay in front of the fireplace and hibernate. Yesterday I was finally able to start working on things around the house and start venturing outside.
Gotta go, hang in there jen.
Hi Captain,
A fireplace sounds great! Yesterday turned out to be a good day fer outdoor activities. Sounds like you had a quiet and relaxing weekend. Thanks fer stoppin by.
very pretty pics
for ya'll down south i bet it's something!
i hope everything doesn't die :(
hope it gets warmer soon
there and here! :)
Everyone (almost) out here had water pipes break. No me as I was out of water. The hardware stores in Presidio and Alpine are out of plumbing stuff. Glad that's over as I am ready for spring now.
tbsomeday..yes'm it was something we are not use to. So far the trees and hedges look ok but thats not to say they are not damaged. Prayin' fer warmer weather here and there. Thanks fer stoppin' by.
Hi Ms Frann..Glad yer pipes were ok though I hope you had some water storage to keep you hydrated. I hear ya there...I'm soooo ready fer spring as well. I look forward to yer dome project. Take care and thanks fer stoppin' by.
Jen, I've seen my share of frozen trees a little further north from here and even in the DFW area. Matter of fact I think I even seen some of it in Houston many years ago. Some might think it looks pretty, but to me it just looks bleak and COLD! I'm sure if we would have gotten more moisture and there were trees around here then I'd have seen it here to.
tffnguy...to me ice just equals one thing...COLD!!! I think Houston even gets snow from time to time. It can look pretty but its been too cold here fer my tastes fer too long so yes the pictures display bleakness. Im sure you too cant wait fer the spring. We are supposed to get another Arctic front sometime this week. Im so done with cold weather. Good to see you and thanks fer stoppin by.
Post a Comment