So glad its the weekend. It sure has been one long work week with all kinds of stuff going on at work. I have to work today and tomorrow (Sat. & Sun.) fer a coupla hours early in the morning as it is my rotational weekend to work.
Yesterday the bossman sent me to the 'big city' to run some errands i.e pick up material, etc. I had to go to four places that were scattered and spread out. I swear...the traffic has gotten worse and worse in just over the last two years. I don't know how or WHY anyone would wanna live there. Everyone seems to be in a big hurry and I don't know where everyone is going. I don't even wanna go there and tell you about mall traffic and parking! It is hideous!!!!! I mean really, what is in a mall that is so important that everyone has to go there? I know it is tax refund time so there are more people out shopping but hell I can find better things to do with money than to be in a place like that and its certainly not on fashion or the latest cell phone or gadgets. I was just glad when it was over and done with. I can deal with traffic as I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for some time and the traffic there is nothing compared to the traffic around here but this is not to say I like being in traffic. I hate traffic!!! It just confirms my wanting to be so far out in the country side. All I kept wishing was that I was at that lil place-o-mine where life is quiet and traffic is little to none.
I was so glad to finally be heading back to the smaller town where I work. I even had the option to leave work an hour early since I didn't clock out fer lunch so I left. I had had enough of the day and week.
Later in the afternoon, I went to visit one of my best good friends of many years and we enjoyed our women talk over some nice hot lemon tea. Its no tellin' what we end up talking about lololol. I took her a lil care package of seed so that she can start on her lil patio container garden so we talked about that. Her garden will do well as she gets alot more sun than we do on our patio. Just somethin' else to look forward to.
Well I better get going. Its 4:26am and my alarm will go off at 5am to get ready to go to work. Im gonna put my head down fer another 30 minutes. I just happen to wake up about an hour ago and here I am.
Thanks fer stoppin' by. Have a great weekend and see you on the backroads.
4 comments:
Hey Jen
Im glad your doing fine. Like me you get up early in the morning when everything is still and quiet.
Too bad you gotta work this weekend and not go out to your ranch becouse the weather is warming up. Lets face it, you got a ranch. When you go out there permenently, you can get a longhorn or two. I look forward to your naming them.
I could tell you some horror stories about living in the DFW and Houston areas. I don't miss it a bit!
I have to go to Houston in a few weeks and I know what you mean. I want to sneak out of town at 4AM so I do not have to deal with the crazy traffic. You will be out of work before I get my coffee.
Mornin' Captain,
I dont know why but I have a tendency to wake up about 3:30am-ish. In my early 20's, I was just gettin' home at that hour..lol. It will be another weekend that I can't be at my lil place. I cannot justify my expenses to go out there when I gotta just turn right around and go to work tomorrow. Nope aint happenin'. Its funny you mention longhorns because I've always wanted one...or two. I have always wanted to raise a rodeo bull like Bodacious :). He was The Man! RIP Bodacious. I call my lil place El Chiquito Ranch because its only two acres. Good to see you Captain and have a great weekend.
tffnguy..Good Mornin Sir. Im glad yer not part of the big city anymore. Houston traffic is awful. Aint been to DFW in forever but I know its no better than Houston traffic. Yer way better off at yer place at the Terlingua Ranch. Thanks fer stoppin by.
Good mornin' Ms Frann. If its one thing I hate is Houston traffic. When I go visit my friend in the Piney Woods of East Texas I either leave after 6pm (to get there by midnight)or I leave at 3:30-4am. This arrangement always works out well for me. Whichever one I choose depends on how tired I am. I hope yer trip goes well though and that the weather cooperates. Today looks beautiful. Enjoy yer cuppa coffee and thanks fer stoppin by. :)
Post a Comment