Today I bought a used pushmower from a nice elderly man. He said he had 3 mowers and could do away with one. I got it for 30 bucks! It is self-propelled. I know I cant cut two acres with it but Im just worried about keeping the common area around the little house mowed. Sure beats a weedeater.
Anyway, he started it up for me and all and it works. I wanted to test it out but here in the city I didnt have anywhere to try it out so me and Mom went to the cemetary out in the country where my Gramma is buried. The last coupla times we have been out there they have really gotten bad about the lawns. It has exchanged ownership about 3times and the lawns are not kept up like before. I will go out there now and then with the weedeater and clean up what I can but since I got the mower I thought it was a good place to test it.
Mom went went me. It was almost dark but I got a real good sectioned mowed. My Gramma probly just smilin' shaking her head at me saying, "Only my Jen". It also feels good to do stuff like this. Me and my Mom don't mind helping out in situations to help out a situation or cause. We were greeted by a beautiful sunset and dangit if I didn't have my camera. The windmills against that sunset was just a sight. I guess that put us about 5 miles or so from our lil house out in the country where I grew up in my early life. Such fond memories of me and my Gramma there.
It got dark and the skeeters were gettin' ansy so I loaded the mower with Mom's help and off we were. There was a satisfaction with what we did and we left content. I guess there must be someone else volunteering their time mowing because I met up with the section that they had started mowing. Im glad there are others doing this.
Well I've got to go now. I thankee kindly fer stoppin' by to say hello. I hope things are going well at yer homestead. Come back again. Until next time, see you on the backroads.
2 comments:
Sounds like you got a heck of a deal Jen. I hope the mower keeps on going and going. I'll bet your Gramma was happy to have you come by for the visit at her resting place.
Hi Hermit,
I thought it was a good deal on the push mower. My riding mower went out on me but so long as I have something to mow around the lil house then Im ok with that.
I miss my Gramma so much. It would be foolish of me to want her back here on earth. Her body was so tired and very ill and in her own words she was ready. She truly is in a better Place and I cant wait to see her again.
Thanks fer stoppin' by fer a lil visit Hermit. Come back soon.
Post a Comment