Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Drowned in wildflowers.

Things are in full bloom at eL Chiquito. Set out to go to my lil country place on Saturday. Something or other always surprises me when I get there. Last time I went, the 'yard' was gettin' covered in wildflowers...which looked nice because they were not high at all. This time when I got there my place was drowned in wildflowers! I don't remember seeing it this way last year...then again that was around the time my Gramma got real sick and I didn't go over there for some time...so they may have bloomed. Anyway, it looked real pretty but they took over the ENTIRE 'yard'...

(*click images to enlarge)

Looking towards the road...

...and the back/side of the lil house.

There were lil bee's everywhere. You could walk straight through the flowers but they were too busy to even notice you there. I thought this was a cool. A lil bee on a Showy Primrose..the white one's are Lazy Daisy's.

I thought this Flax(yellow)and Dakota Vervain(purple)looked pretty together.

These Coreopsis are so pretty up close.

Lazy Daisy up close...

Yellow Primrose and Lazy Daisy's mingling...

Something as annoying as this Bull Thistle can have such a pretty bloom...

...and can't forget flowers fer Mom.


It almost looks like I planted a gigantic flower garden. They look very pretty but it is gonna be time to mow some of these down pretty soon especially in and around the common areas. But it is nice to enjoy them for a lil while. I hope you are enjoying Spring coming to life. We have had temps in the upper 80's and lower 90's already. Time is going by so fast so remember to stop and smell the flowers.

Thank you for stopping by this lil place-o-mine and I hope that you are enjoying your Spring projects. Until next time, see you on the backroads.

3 comments:

Gianetta said...

That wildflower book has come in handy I guess. The only one I knew was the bull thistle. :)

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

You sure have alot of different things growing around there Jen. There is'nt much growing at my place yet, I,m still waiting for all the snow to melt.

Jen said...

G,
The book is great. I need to work on buying one so that I can have it handy at all times.

Hermit,
Yeah lots of stuff growing and lots of allergies..lol. I cant believe you still have snow. We've hit 90 degrees a time or two already.

Thank yall fer stoppin' by.