Dang it seems like forever that I havent posted. I've been sick with a nasty cold. The kind of cold that feels like someone beat you with a bat, runny nose one minute and extremely stuffy the next. I lost all sense of taste and smell. That is such an awful feeling. I am starting to smell stuff again and taste a lil bit too. I dont have the body aches no more but I get short-winded quick. I have alot of chest congestion but I am coughing alot of it out(not that you needed to know). I did call in sick on Wednesday because I was just out of it and hurt all over. I piddled around in the morning but I slept from 1pm till 7pm and was still sleepy after that. I sure slept alot that day and thru the night which is unusual for me. I guess my body just needed it.
I was thrilled that this weekend was my rotation weekend to work. Not. I hate these stupid weekend rotations at work. It messes up a weekend. I couldn't wait to leave from work this morning. I was loooong overdue for a visit to my country place. I also thought it might do me good to get out since I am feeling a lil better.
*I must note that I didn't get any pics today. No one wants to look at weeds.
So I get there and surprise surprise surprise! Nasty tall bull thistles everywhere, weeds, wildflowers(they are nice to look at but enough is enough), low hanging branches...you name it. The place looked awful. It doesn't take long before things get out from under you. I don't like any tall grass or weeds around the lil house but with my mower down, I had to bust out with my ol faithful Echo weedeater. Yes, it is a pain in the ass to weedwhack a good sized perimeter but when that's all I have to clear out a small space then that's what I'm gonna use. And again I forgot to bring a pair of long pants so I had remnants all over my legs but I just kept on going because it ain't gonna git done whining about it. I stopped once fer a breather with this congestion and all. It looked alot better around the lil house after I got done. The tall stuff still looks nasty but my friends boyfriend(they live down the road)is going to mow it for me sometime this week or next weekend. I messed with the mower and I really do think that the mower is done...fer good. Now I need to save up to get another. If it aint one things its another. I know I cant be without a mower for too long.
That county got between 12-16" of rain last week. There were floods all over according to my friends. Her bf got stranded on a backroad with a bunch of other people. They hadda wait till the rains let off. There was no standing water around my common areas but I do know that somewhere up towards the front of the property it tends to hold a lil water sometimes. Course I really couldnt tell with the tall weeds. But guess what? That rain sure did bring the mosquitos...with a vengeance. Yes, they are here and tenacious. They got to be pretty annoying. I was getting bit alot. I swear that if I was a dog I would've got heartworms already. They were awful and its not even summer yet. It may as well be since we got into the 90's today and I got sunburnt arms.
After I got done, my friend called and invited me over for a lil bit. They live on ten acres. I love their place. Their house sits up on a lil hill overlooking most of their acreage and ponds. Its kinda like a valley. They get alotta wild turkey come up to their place down by the ponds. The evening breeze is nice as are the sunsets. This is the ideal place to view the night sky with a telescope. Me and my friend visited a lil while talkin' our usual wimmin stuff. We don't get to visit as often as we use to due to our schedules, but nonetheless it was a nice visit. Then it was time to go.
On my way out of the area, I noticed more people moving into these rural properties and at the same time I noticed alot of abandoned properties..some with homes, etc. I always like to take note of peoples places. It helps give me ideas for future projects.
The ride home wasn't bad. I took a backroad through some small lil towns. I hit the shower as soon as I got home in the city. I'm a lil tired but not exhausted. Now I gotta try and get psyched up for work tomorrow.
Thank you for stopping by and letting me share my whatnots with you. Dont let the weeds etc get away from you. Get to 'em as soon as you see them coming. I hope your Spring projects are coming along as are your crops. Until next time, see you on the backroads.
2 comments:
My lawn mower isn't working either.
G,
I truly know what in inconvenience that can be.
Post a Comment