The lil carburetor that goes to my riding lawnmower needed some cleaning. I removed it last weekend when I was at my country place and brought it home with me to the city to work on it that way I didnt waste too much time on it when I went back. I was doing so good cleaning the carburetor to my riding lawn mower. It never fails but I failed to remove a lil brass bolt that MUST be removed before you remove the main jet bolt. I kinda forced it before I realized that I hadnt removed the other one first and next thing you know I had a stripped bolt. I even used an extractor but it stripped the damn extractor! Then I tried to drill it a lil bit to see if I could break it down but after some painstaking drilling I knicked like two threads. Sigh. Thats when I ceased all operations. I was thinking that either now I have a no good carb or just 'try' to re-thread it. I tried looking online for a replacement and for a rebuild kit but I CANNOT find a source that carries either. There was an auction on ebay but I dont ebay for security reasons. It is a Walbro carb..on it it says LMT 5-4993. It came off a Briggs and Stratton engine model# 287707 Type 0225-01 Code 95082240B. If you or someone you know knows where to buy another used carb like this or a kit please let me know.
*click image to enlarge
Here you can see the damage. Its ok to laugh.
Thanks fer stoppin' by. Until next time, see you on the backroads.
5 comments:
Little things like that happen to me all the time too Jen. It's a lesson learned hey? I hope you find another one soon. I will keep my eyes open for something also. Briggs? ya would'nt think something like should be too hard to find actually.
Hermit,
I figured it being a Briggs it wouldnt be too hard to find but I am having a hard time finding anything for it. A brand new one costs 84 bucks!! Thats a bit much. Thanks fer keeping and eye out. Lesson learned. Thanks fer stoppin by.
Sorry to hear it Jen! I need to look into a new engine for the rototiller I just got, so when I go to the lawnmower shop I'll see if they have a good used carb body. I'm going there later in the week, so I'll let ya know what I find!
Thanks Greg. I will be happy to reimburse you for it and the shipping costs if you find one. I hope you find your engine too.
Hi there...
I have the same carb, and started damaging the main jet trying to get it out, but haven't gone too far yet! Where is the brass bolt that you were referring to?
Post a Comment