Saturday, July 10, 2010

A lil bit of this n' that.

This is my weekend off. I admit I wasn't very productive today. First thing I did this morning after I woke up was go visit my Gramma at the cemetary. I bought her one of those lil garden solar lights a coupla weeks ago to put at her grave. I associate those to her. She always had a couple in her lil flower bed. I have been dreaming her lately so I had to go and spend some peaceful time there. I sure do miss her but I felt better after I left there.
I had to take Mom to git her haircut today in the big city about noon time. Surprisingly, the traffic wasn't bad and the weather was pleasant, hot but pleasant. I had the wonderful hairdresser that cuts my hair cut her hair. She did an awesome job. My Mom has a pretty haircut. She will be having a birthday in two weeks and she still looks great for 58.
After we came home, I changed clothes and took a nap. I have been feeling real tired lately and the nap felt great. After the nap, I piddled around and went outside to water my pepper plants and to cut some leaves off to encourage more leaf growth but dadgummit the damn skeeters make it so unpleasant to be outside. Its like as soon as you step out the door they immediately leech on to you. Needless to say, I did what I had to do in a rush. I hate that I didnt even feel like I was enjoying my lil gardening time. The pepper plants look great.
I have been so irritated with mosquitos this past week at work. I was outside at one of the parks we attend at work because we were going to lock the gates due to the high water rising at the creek. I wasn't out there more than two minutes and I was covered in mosquito's...and Im not exaggerating! Its a good thing one of my coworkers was with me so that he was able to spray me down with OFF to get them off me. All I kept thinking was West Nile Virus.
Ive been reading today. My new Square Foot Gardening book has got my attention and I have been researching what not's for homesteading ideas. I also just got done watching a movie called Faith Like Potato's. Its kinda hard to describe this movie as it has a lil bit of religion in it but I like it ok.
I wish I had more excitement to write about but this is it fer now. Thank you fer stoppin' by. Until next time, see you on the backroads.

No comments: