Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th weekend.

Not much happening here in my neck of the...brush. I have had a three day holiday weekend off. Saturday I stayed in and lounged and slept some more. I was exhausted. It felt great to do that. Later in the evening, I went to Blockbuster to rent two movies which I do NOT do very often but the guys at work were telling me about a movie called The Fourth Kind. Its kinda weird and not at all like I was expecting they talked about but I watched it till the end. The other movie is called Faith like Potato's which I have not seen yet. Mom said it was ok.

I kinda felt guilty for not spending this three day weekend at my country place. Though I did spend the day there yesterday(Sunday). Me oh my oh...things are so overgrown with all this rain we had. Things are lookin' scraggly but with my riding mower broke down it is hard to keep up with the grass. There is still a lil bit of standing water in certain places of the property after all the rains we had that were left overs of Hurricane Alex.

There are lots and lots of grasshoppers that I'd like to get rid of. Does anyone know how to git rid of grasshoppers? Some of these grasshoppers are huge and I shoot those with my pellet gun. It would be a loss if I had crops planted right now with so many of em. I had this problem last year as well. Surely there has got to be some kind of commercial poison fer 'em.

After a lil tidying up out there I headed out. It was real hot and truthfully, my heart just wasn't in it today. I know I know that sounds horrible as this is the place that someday I will live in full time.

On my way in I noticed lots and lots of Ol' Man's Beard along fence lines. Ol' Man's beard is a weed but I sure enjoy lookin' at it cause it really looks like a ol' mans beard. So on my way out thru the backroads, I thought I'd snap a few shots of em. I just love the way it fly's in the wind.


And here it is a lil bit closer:



Not much more going on over here except that its been real hot. Today was a good day for the beach but I was not in the mood to wait forever in those ferry lines.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend and that your homesteading projects are going well. Thanks fer stopping by, until next time see you on the backroads.

2 comments:

Gianetta said...

Glad you made it through the storm.

Jen said...

Thanks G. We got lots and lots of rain and skeeters as a result. Hope you had a nice vacation.