Sunday, July 18, 2010

My birthday weekend.

Here I am another year older. I turned 39yrs old on Friday July 16th. I can't believe that I am at the end of my thirty's. My thirty's have been the BEST years of my life. I am happy and sad at the same time as I am nearing the exit of my thirty's. In a way, its like I know I am going to have to be giving up my security blanket. I have learned alot and accomplished alot the past coupla years. I've met some really neat people, have done some interesting things but my biggest biggest then and ever loss was the passing of my Gramma. She was probly my biggest supporter of the many things I did and I learned soooo much from her. I sure do miss her.

I worked on Friday and my ex supervisor took me out to lunch and we met up with other guys from work. It was a nice lunch. I got money from Mom and a Barnes and Noble gift card from supervisor(yes!!) I LOVE Barnes and Noble.

After work, three of the guys from work wanted to go hang out at one of the parks we take care of and have a few beers for my birthday. *(I am the only girl in public works)* I thought that sounded great. Of course, I drink responsibly when I know that I have to drive so I guess I drank about four beers then headed home. It was nice just hanging out and having a good time. It was a really nice and peaceful evening. It was sunny and pleasant and cool in the shade. When I looked around at the park it sure made me miss my country place. I love afternoons like that at that lil place-o-mine but nonetheless, I had a good time with my coworkers just the same.

Hadda work Saturday and Sunday and be clocked in by 6am. It was my rotation weekend. It was easy money. While at work on Saturday, I stopped along a fence line in a field way in the back to feed some cows some of the freshly mowed grass. I figured it would be a tasty treat. Some cows are skittish and some are tame and will come right up to you, which a handful of them did, and they will eat right outta yer hand. I'm not even sure of the breed. I do know that some of them are roping steers. I was there fer a lil bit then I took off. I sure love animals and being around them. Someday I will have a few of my own.

Oh yeah, at the other side of the park, I noticed two black birds making a big O ruckus so I turned to see what all the commotion was about well what it was was a big snake bout 6ft or so. It crawled right up the tree bout seven foot off the ground and into a hole in the tree. Me and a coworker walked up closer and I think it detected heat so it poked its head outta the hole while the rest of its body was still crawling in the hole. I dont know what kind of snake it was. I needa learn my snakes. If I knew it wouldn'ta bit me I probly woulda pulled it out by the tail. It just layed there slithering its tongue in and out then it disappeared. Mom said that when I was a child and I remember this, that she hadda take me to the doctor a coupla times fer contracting some kinda koodies on my hands from handlin' reptiles. I was always messin' with lizards, frogs, lil snakes, locusts, bugs, birds, turtles, kittens, beehives, ant piles etc. Needless to say, I hadda pretty happy childhood.

Usually on my rotation weekends, I dont go to my country place as the driving would be too much so needless to say that after work I came straight home, took a shower and took a lil nap. I guess I wasn't rested enough. Sometimes though, I feel guilty for not going to that lil place-o-mine.

I hope you had a restful or productive weekend and that yer summer projects and gardening are coming along. Thank you fer stoppin' by and having a glass of tea. Until next time, see you on the back roads.

9 comments:

dgr said...

Happy Birthday, Jen! Don't worry, 40's are great too.

Jen said...

Thanks DGR! Nice to see you drop by. Someone once told me that 40's were even better. I'll take yer word.

stella said...

Happy birfday jenny, sounds like ya had a good one. As for the 40's thing, I aint so sure they are better, But on the upside we can all be thankful we made it that far huh?
love yas!

Mo said...

Happy Birthday!

Sounds like a black rat snake.

Did it look like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOLpUhe9caY&playnext_from=TL&videos=oqBhuS30eCU

Jen said...

Thanks Stelly. It ended up being a nice day afterall. I know stuff started hurting in my thirties..lol.

Thanks Mo and good to see you. The snake wasnt black but you have encouraged me to look up snakes in Texas. Its non venomous fer sure and I'm leaning towards the Prairie Kingsnake. It had a pattern with black blotches but smooth scales. Have a look (copy and paste): http://www.texassnakes.net/prairieking.htm though not 100% sure.

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Happy birthday Jen. Every year older is another year wiser. Hope you had a good one.

Jen said...

Thank you Hermit. It is good to see you again. I hope you are doing well.

G. said...

Happy Birthday Jen! You should have told me it was your birthday. I went to an auction and got a whole bunch of old books, one is about composting, which might be good for your homeplace. Not much better than spending your birthday with friends. Did you get spanked?

Jen said...

Thanks G! Another year gone by. I'll bet it was fun at the auction. It is nice to have a collection of books. I find it hard to part with books.
It was a nice and quiet birthday, considering that I had to work. Unfortunately, I didn't get spanked lolol. Thanks fer the birfday wishes Gia. Its good to hear from you.