Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas aftermath.

Christmas Day turned out great. It was a lil cold fer my taste but all in all it turned out great. We drove two towns over to spend the afternoon with my lil nephews. The first thing that they wanted me to see was the bikes that Santa brought fer them. After that was done they told me that they made gifts for us and they were so eager to give them to us.(I am tearing up as I write this) They so politely, graciously and proudly handed me and my Mom some greeting cards they made out of construction paper and we each got a stocking made of construction paper. They also gave us some pictures that they colored out of their coloring books(They LOVE to color). It was most touching that these lil boys did this for us. My heart fluttered when they shyly smiled at us and gave us a hug. I told them it was the best Christmas present ever. And I meant that. Here is their work of art:

The blue card has songs written in it by 6yr old Avery and the orange one I'm not sure what it is but 4yr old Erik made it and he was so proud of it. Avery made my stocking and Erik made my Moms which I dont know where she put it at this moment. Their Mom said they worked so hard and seriously when they made them. These times when the children are little truly are the happy days. These are the memories that they we will remember for years and years to come. When I am around them I remember my own childhood and I'm kid again. They are wonderful memories.

After several hugs n' kisses we gave them the lil gifts that we got fer them. I refused to buy toys this year. Ok, the only thing I did buy that I guess is sorta like a toy is some Play-doh. That was one of my favorite things when I was a kid. They loved it. But I got them some workbooks according to their ages/grades so that their Mom can teach them at home as well. Believe it or not, they like doing educational stuff at home too. Their Mom(my lil cousin,age 27 but will always be my lil cousin)is really good about teaching them stuff at home. I know this has helped them to accelerate in school. We also got them a handful of coloring books and a box of 96 crayons! They were happy and we were happy. Mom got them a school outfit each as well.

I am all about being frugal and practical and I did pretty good this Christmas. Having four days off from work was pretty good too. I go back tomorrow but only for three days then off Fri, Sat. and Sun....thought I gotta go in Saturday fer like two or three hours.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas day well spent with family or friends alike. I know most of you are north of me and I hope that you are staying nice n' warm and enjoying some nice down time. One of my goals is to spend next Christmas at my lil country place. There is alot to be done there yet but all in due time.

Thank you fer stoppin' by this lil place-o-mine and joining me fer some hot chocolate and cinammon rolls. I sure enjoyed yer company. Until next time, see you on the back roads.

2 comments:

DR said...

Jen....JEN....We got SNOW! I promise we did!

Jen said...

Deb..dont tease me like that!!