Gateway to the Gulf of Mexico.

Great Blue Heron on patrol.

Long-Billed Curlew.

American Avocets.

Beautiful Beach Evening Primrose.

Body of Christ on the Cross. This is part of the skeletal remains of a Gafftop Sail Catfish after the sun has bleached it and dried out the flesh off the fish. It is the underside of the back fin. Pretty neat huh!

...and of course cactus.

Shoreline intro.
Combing the shore.
Cool find.
Thanks fer walkin' the beach with me this morning. It was a nice cap to the last day of 2010. Happy New Year to you and yours. Until next time, see you on the backroads...or shoreline.
9 comments:
Happy New Year! The next time I get to Texas we're taking a walk down that beach. Loved the videos; you should do the home place. G.
cool video's
I surfed for years at Mustang Island State park and at Horace Caldwell pier at Port A. (Port Aransas) Its getting harder to find deserted beaches. The only two I can think of that are truly quiet are St. Joe's Island and the National Seashore. I know spots where Spanish Treasure has washed up. (I have not found any yet)
Hey Captain..good to see you! Last time I was at Mustang Park was sometime in '09. I like going to Port A. jetties to watch what all is around me. Malaquite Beach at PINS might be a good place for you if you want quiet. Only 4x4 vehicles are permitted to go through and it is beautiful there. It is one of my favorite places to go. It seems to look like the place where Heaven and Earth meet. Ive never been on St.Joe's Island but there is alot of history on it. I have a book called Aransas: The Life of a Texas Coastal County. It is a really interesting read. The forward is written by Perry Bass..the owner and only resident of St. Joe Island. I would LOVE to come across Spanish Treasure!!
Happy New Year!!
Hiya G! So good to see you here this mornin'. Glad you liked the pics and homemade video's. You bet we'll walk that shoreline and I'll show you some other cool beach places. An interesting fact about that very shoreline is that the Karankawa Indians roamed that area way back when. The men grew to 7ft tall! Some people have found arrowheads, however, I have not and Ive been going back there forever. Karankawas have an interesting history and very little is known of their whereabouts after they were chased away.
I'll be glad to do a lil video of the home place next time I go and I promise to post it. Happy New Year G!!!
So cool! Thanks for sharing!
Hi Joe,
Glad you enjoyed and thanks fer stoppin' by. Happy New Year to you and yours!!
What a beautiful start to 2011!
Hi Hope,Joy,and Faith,
Im glad you enjoyed the pics/videos. I thought that was a good way to end 2010...kinda like cleansing my soul. Happy New Year!!
thanks for sharing the beach pics and video!!
so nice to see when i'm stuck here in the cold midwest!!
love the beach flower and catfish shell
both new to me!
very cool!!
happy new year!!!
Glad you enjoyed the pics and video tbsomeday. I think its cool to see inside other people's worlds and places. Im glad that my blog readers from far away have enjoyed this. Happy New Year to you and yours!
Post a Comment