Monday, December 27, 2010

Sweet n' stewy chunky pork recipe

My adopted Grampa(a man from work)gave me about 15lbs or so of fresh hog meat that he dressed last Sunday. Mom trimmed the pork and put some fat in a seperate freezer bag that we will use as lard and the rest of the meat she put in seperate bags . She fried some chunks yesterday and they were sooooo good. I only had a few pieces because I really cant be eating that. So today I decided that fer dinner we were gonna have some stewed pork. Here's what I used:

-A crock pot
-Used about 2lbs of fresh pork meat-cut in chunks
-1/2 onion cut up
-about 1 cup green pepper
-black pepper

I put all that in a crock pot. Then I used some Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce but you can use your own homemade BBQ sauce..like about a lil more than a cup. About what would be a 1/2cup of honey, a handful of brown sugar and bout 1 tbsp of Teriyaki sauce/marinade. I threw all of this in the crock pot and added about 1/2 cup of water and mixed it well. Put on high and get ready to enjoy the smell. I left it in there for about 3 1/2 hours. All the flavors mingled really well and the pork was very succulent, very tender and very good. Served with a side of mashed taters and some homemade bread. Momma LOVED it and I hope you enjoy it as well. You can also add other ingredients to your liking. It is really good with pineapple juice but I was out.

Sorry for the image quality but you git the picture.

Thanks fer stoppin' by. Until next time, see you on the back roads.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I checked out the pic of your homestead from a few post back. Nice place! looks real quiet too.

Since the last cold front blasted through South Texas christmas eve, I have been hunkered down waiting for warmer weather in a few days..

Jen said...

Hey Captain,
That last cold front sure bit us pretty good. It was great though.
Glad you like my lil place. Thanks fer stoppin by.