Sunday, December 5, 2010

Quiet weekend.

I had an uneventful weekend but I was soooo looking forward to the weekend. I am recovering nicely from the nasty cold I had last week but dang it sure took a toll on my body. Yesterday(Saturday)I stayed home all day long here at my city home and did nothing but read, surf the web and nap on and off all day long. Honestly I just couldn't get myself to do much. But it sure felt great to give my body the much needed rest. I know this may sound strange but I feel like I need a few more days of bed rest. I don't feel sick or anything but my body does feel tired.

Today I had no idea that it was cold out. I opened the back door wearing a tshirt, shorts and barefoot and closed it just as fast. It was in the 50's and very windy. I know that to you out there that are used to these temps it probly feels great....and it does, but to us way down south it is cold since we see tropical temps most of the year. It seems like our seasons are about 9months of summer and 3months of winter.

Mom decided she wanted to run some errands and that usually means staying out longer than originally planned. We went and stayed out longer than originally planned. We ended up at Walmart and she bought me a nice pink shirt with real small thin stripes that you can dress up or dress down. I liked it alot. She'll do nice things like that now and then.

Now I sit here trying to psych myself up for work tomorrow. I just made my lunch for tomorrow so I better get going to tend to getting stuff together fer the morning.

I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing weekend. Until next time, see you on the backroads.

8 comments:

tbsomeday said...

glad you are feeling better!
it's always wise to listen to your body

you'll have to post some pics of your new pink shirt--sounds cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen.

I just got back today from an overnight trip in San Antonio. I took a 'short detour" through Campbellton (pop. 492) and Whitsett, Texas. Checked them out a little. Whitsett had a Post Office!, albeit was about one room. I saw a giant redtail hawk outside of Whitsett also, that was cool. I talked to a someone who lives in Woodsboro and said the property out there was resonable so I will check it out sometime.
I want 'Wide open spaces", If I can hear my nieghbor, They are too close. I gotta go, I will keep checking your blog.

Jen said...

Thanks tbsomeday...so glad to get over this bug. I'll post a pic of my shirt next chance I get.

Hello again Captaincrunch...a road trip not and then is a good thing. You never know what you might come across. I grew up in a wide open space and although to some it is boring to me it feels right. Small lil towns are right up my alley. They are more quaint and if rural enough they are very private. Woodsboro is one of those lil bitty towns...lotta Live Oak and Mesquite trees. You will know when you have found the right place because it will feel like it is somehow a part of you already. What do you plan on doing with your land when you get it?

Anonymous said...

Jen

When I get some land' what am I going to do with it?. First, get well water. Second, build a house. Third, solar panels, fourth, do some target shooting, hang out, maybe start a garden. I have a friend who built a real nice chicken coop and got some chickens maybe, I will do that and get some a few cows tows too. My grandfather and great grandfather were ranchers, If I had the money, I would like to have a full time working cattle ranch (a dream)

Jen said...

Captaincrunch...It is nice that you have a plan. When I got my land all I knew is that I wanted a lil cabin-lil house, a garden and some chickens. But once yer there so many more ideas come about. The good thing is that you can work on all this according to your time with no one to tell you otherwise. I think ranching would be great.

offgridbob said...

Jen, Time is on your side and it is not the destination, it's the journey that makes life fun. It's taking us a little more time to get things done for our final move but we both like to do the work so it's all cool
Flatwater/offgridbob/Bob

Jen said...

Hi Flats...good to see ya. My journey so far has been interesting. I can truly appreciate my little place even though it still needs tons of work. Like you and the Mrs...I like doing my own work on the place.
Im glad you stopped by. Will see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen

I gonna do some housework and mow the lawn today while its warm outside. Theres a big cold front coming in tonight. This would be a nice day to get out to our cabin. One thing in a cabin I want is a wood burning stove and a hybrid wood burning and propane cookstove for the kitchen. (maybe one day)