Yesterday I got a spurt of energy and went out to my country place to check on things. Things were as I last left it though I did find a tore up box of a Popeye's chicken to go box...a smaller one. It surprised me because it made me wonder if anyone had been hanging around there or if it was something that the wind just blew on in. There were no napkins, cups or anything else of that sort just the tore up box. I've never taken a Popeye's chicken dinner out there. Its been several months I've had Popeye's chicken...maybe almost a year but I've never taken it out there. Oh well, I just picked it up and in the trash it went. Everything else was as I last left it.
I did manage to get rid of the red wasp nest that was inside the bbq grill. It was a huge nest and these are the pesky wasps that had been getting inside the lil house by the dozens. By the way, when I opened the lil house, there was a yellow jacket and a red wasp flying around. I dont know how in the hell they got in. I spent the last time I was there caulking and sealing up every little crack I could see.
Anyway, I took some dried up grass and wrapped it in a sheet of paper like in a cone shape and dowsed it with starter fluid, then i took some dried up twigs and did the same thing then I opened the grill and dowsed the nest and bottom of the grill with starter fluid then I set the damn thing on fire. Sorry to say but I watched with delight because these wasps have been nothing but a nuisance all summer and fall. I couldn't even leave the door open to the little house because there they come then if yer just outside they will come and hit you on the back or head...they did me.
After the fire died down, can you believe that some wasps were still fumblin' around at the bottom of the grill?! So I dowsed it some more and then they were toast. Im so glad to have gotten rid of them, for now at least.
After hanging around there for a while, I went to my friends place to visit fer a lil bit. I love their location. They live bout 8miles north of me and they have an awesome view. It is so quiet there and the wildlife is plentiful. Anyhow, we talked and visited like usual and by then it was later in the afternoon and my nose was gettin' so stuffy and I started feeling real sick again. They are great people and told me to stay instead of driving but I had medicine to take and I didnt really want to miss my antibiotic dose in the morning but I thanked them and drove on home.
When I got home, I couldn't find any Benadryl anywhere and I refused to go to the store so I took some Nyquil and omg...I was high. Yes, I was. Thats what happens when you mix Mucinex DM with Nyquil. I was feeling reeeeeeal mellow but all i could think about was going to bed and I did exactly that. This morning I still felt in a drunken stupor...alot so I slept some more and then some more during the afternoon. But it sure got rid of that stuffy nose :) .
I know yer probly thinking I might be crazy fer settin' the bees on fire or mixing meds but some things just have to git done.
I'm sure glad to be feeling somewhat better though. If I never got the medication from the doc I would still be feeling real bad or worse. I hope none of yall got sick this holiday weekend. I hope yall had a great time with family and friends this holiday season.
Until next time see you on the back roads.
4 comments:
Hows it going.
I saw your post on the "Terlingua or bust blog"
Im glad Im not the only one in South Texas. I read some of your blog about your cabin. Thats really cool. I was looking at land in Oakville, just north of Beeville and at Ulvalde also. I dont have a blog yet, but you can contact me at captaincrunch8@gmail.com
Hiya Captaincrunch. Welcome to my blog. I have only come across about two or three South Texans here in the blog world. I'm sure they're out there but I only know of those.
Beeville/Skidmore area aint too bad. There's alotta small towns in between. Uvalde would be cool because you'd be closer to Garner State Park..I love that place! Then there's West TExas...really cheap land that I'd like to get my hands on.
My lil house project has been a slooooooow work in progress but any progress no matter how big or small makes a big difference. At least it keeps me warm, safe and dry and outta the elements.
Let me know if you get a blog going. Thanks fer finding some interest in my lil world. I hope to see you again.
Hey its me captaincrunch again.
Im here in corpus trying to stay warm after this last cold front pushed through.
Im not going to start a blog for awhile. I have too many irons in the fire already. I found several blogs I keep up on daily. the field, terlingua or bust and one you may not know about "paratus familia" that I can reccomend. I know there must be hundreds of "off the grid" blogs out there.
I envy you having land and a cabin. I have a house in corpus that I had built five years ago with extra insulation and other energy saving features. In time I hope to have some land and an off the grid cabin myself. I never married and I have no kids so I can make my cabin a "mancave" or make it small like "John Wells cabin" at the field lab in Terlingua. (I was in Terlingua in October)
Post some pics of your cabin on your blog. I gotta go, I will check your blog often.
Captaincrunch...im sure there are several offgrid blogs. I've come across a couple. They all make for an interesting read.
Its not as hard as I thought to get land. Of course, it is very important to do yer homework about the land you are interested in. Lots and lots of things to look out for..restrictions, access, neighbors etc. It is great to be able to build yer place just the way you want it. The pay-as-you-go plan is the best way to build. I am far from finished with my lil place but its paid for and its mine.
I will post pics when I get a chance. Thanks fer stoppin' by.
Post a Comment