Gosh I've had a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng weekend. Nothing interesting or anything like that. It was my weekend to work and it sucked. Sunday I worked 12hours and was so ready to just come home.
Saturday afternoon I had a memorial service to attend of a long time family friend. It was kinda sad as she left 3 beautiful children behind. But the pastor talked real nice about her and the music was very pretty. The service was followed by a nice dinner and by then nightfall came and we met at her parents home which is the house that she grew up in. We looked through many photo's that brought back good good memories. We visited for a while then left.
Today I had to take my Mom to the grocery store and OMG it was the crowd from hell in there. Everyone in the town seemed to be in there at the same time. I, for one , am not one for crowds. I hate crowds and will do everything to avoid them except for today. Luckily she didnt get alot of stuff and was able to get thru the 20 items or less line pretty quick. It didn't help that the air quality was poor outside as I was having a hard time getting a good breath today since the humidity was awful. Here we are November and we are still having muggy temperatures.
Tomorrow at work I need to get a water sample of one of our ponds at one of the parks that we take care of. It seems that some kind of algae is taking over the pond. The pond is stocked with fish and alligators. One of the marine biology centers is going to analyze and test it for us and let us know what all we need to do to treat it without harming the marine life. I will be transporting it and delivering it some 35 miles away tomorrow. I dont mind at all though, it will be a change of scenery and I get to see the marine biology center. I am looking forward to that.
Not much happening here in my neck of the brush. For the next few days, I will be preparing for our Thanksgiving dinner and planning some kind of hands on activities for my 4 and 6 yr old nephews. They are so cute and very smart and doing great in school.
Guess thats it fer now. I hope yer holiday planning is going well. Until next time, see you on the back roads.
2 comments:
Have a Great Thanksgiving time with your family Jen.
Thanks Terry. I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving day as well.
Post a Comment