Not too much going on in my neck of the...brush. I was off this past Thursday and so I went crabbing again. I went to two different spots and at the second spot(like a lil bayou) is where I got my three keeper crab. I brought them home, purged them, salted them down and threw them in a boil. A side of garlic butter and we were in business.
Yesterday I had a wedding to attend that I almost forgot about. It was my cousin's wedding. I admit that Im not a big social person when it comes to gatherings but I went. It ended up being a nice get together. When it came to the vows and all the stuff that goes with it, I got fidgety because there was just too much to say and do up there that it felt long and drawn out. That's way too much time up there fer me. I think that if I ever got married I just wanna git married quick then let everone mingle and have a good time. I dont think I could stand up there without getting bored to quick. I would probly lose my train of thought or worse....change my mind!
I saw alot of my relatives. It is kinda sad nowadays that the only time we get to see relatives like this is when someone dies, gets married, or sometimes holidays. When I was young, it seems we saw relatives often. I had a good time but I was ready to leave and come home. I had no alcohol since I was driving. I am happy for my cousin and their little family. She's a good person and I just know that she will make a great wife.
I woke up super early today(Sunday)like at 4 something in the morning fer no reason. I piddled around then went online to browse email, craigslist etc. Low and behold I found the entire year subscription for 2010 of Backwoods Home Magazine! I love these magazines and this year I did not purchase any of the mags. What's even better is that I only paid 10 bucks for all six issues. That's only like a quarter or less of the actual cost. Boy I was thrilled. There's a wealth of information in these magazines as well as the forum. I felt like a child at Christmas after they opened their presents. I cant wait to start reading through them.
I also went to my country place today. I hadda check on things. It was nice and cool all day today like in the upper 50's. I really didn't do much today out there
but enjoy my time there. Actually one of the things that I've been meaning to do is to test out the little propane RV stove that I bought off of craigslist from some really cool people. I hooked up the propane to it but I am a little concerned about the piping and connection. It is a cute little stove but I am not 100% sure on it because the piping to the burners is rusted out, thus open for potential leaks. If I knew that there was a way to replace this stuff, I would. The smell of propane reeked and had me concerned. Though it might be good for using outdoors or an outdoor kitchen. I am not going to dispose of it just yet. I feel as though it could be fixed but I'm not fer sure.
After a while, I took a little walk around the property. The mood was set just right. It was overcast, a light mist, cold(to me), and quiet. Time was not on my side though as it was already startin' to get on the dark side. I did not come prepared to stay the night so I started to wrap things up and head on out. On my way down the county road, a doe darted out about 14ft or so from the truck THEN, right in front of my truck a spike buck darted out and I kid you not I thought he was a gonner. I know I missed him by like only two feet. It was his lucky day. Truthfully, I would have felt real bad if I hadda hit him.
I hope everyone has had a great weekend and that yer winter preparations are coming along. Until next time, see you on the backroads
2 comments:
You can find parts for your stove online I'm sure. I've used appliance clinic.com. RV parts stores should be able to help you too. Sure would be nice to be able to make a hot breakfast on your lil stove! The smell of coffee and somethin' good cookin' will make your place feel like home.
Hey Greg,
Thanks fer the website. I will check them out. Its a cute lil stove I would just feel better replacing the piping. The smell of eggs n' toast sounds just fine by me...or stew!
I have a one burner stove thingy that I can use in the meantime fer cooking. It works just fine. I've made meals over it on some of our overnight fishing adventures.
Thanks fer stoppin' by.
Post a Comment