Sunday, May 1, 2011

I'm back again.

Hey yall...Dang its been bout two weeks since I been on here. Too many irons in the fire. Most got ironed out so here I am again.

This weekend I had stuff to take care of so needless to say I didn't make it out to that lil place-o-mine. I am sure the grass is way outta hand by now. I am disgusted to even think about that.

Well, I screwed up a perfectly good two month old pair of prescription glasses. Without thinking while at work, I took them off, folded them up and put them in my shirt pocket...dumb I know, like I said I wasn't thinking but rather in a hurry. They got majorly scratched up. In my shirt pocket I had coins, Chapstick, my phone, and two screws. I shoulda gone ahead and shot myself in the foot. I tried so hard to keep them safe this whole time I've had'em. I kinda knew it was only just a matter of time. So yesterday I went to the big city to get a new pair and it was buy one complete pair and get the second free of equal or lesser value so I got a well needed pair of high definition polarized sunglasses. They are way cool and everything looks awesome thru them. I've owned polarized sunglasses before but since I can see clearly outta these they just make them all the better. I'm happy now. Thank goodness fer eyewear insurance.

While waiting fer my glasses to get done, I went to my favorite bait and tackle store. Me and my friends call it the devil's store cuz when yer there it makes you spend more money than you originally intended to fer our fishing addiction(**Note to self: I could have worse addictions than this like alcohol, drugs or a convict...not that I'm trying to pacify the situation). Throughout the years I have spent enough money there to supply the occasional angler a coupla years fishing supplies. I hadn't been there in several months, which is unusual, and two of the staff asked me what in the world had happened to me that they hadn't seen me in a while. I tend to go AWOL from time to time. Anyway, what would have originally cost me about 6.00 ended up being 41.27 out the door. After I get over the excitement of being there, I tend to walk around aimlessly and take my sweet ass time and always end up "needing" this and that. I hardly ever treat myself anymore but with Spring time here the fishing will start picking up and I will have what I need to be on the water. I think I am set fer the next several months on the water. In the evening hours, I did maintenance my reels and they feel new again. I did manage to wet a line Thursday after work fer a coupla hours and only managed one Redfish but was only at 17" and they must be a minumum of 20" so I released it to catch another day...they are always fun to catch and put up a good lil fight. None the less I was one with the water and that is always an awesome feeling.

Early this morning I had a first. I changed out the oil and oil filter to my truck!!! While at work a coupla weeks ago, the guys were changing out the oil to our work trucks. After I saw how my boss did it he let me remove the oil filter on his truck AND I insisted that I do my own oil change on the truck that is assigned to me. He asked if I had ever done it before and I said no but that I needed to learn so that I can do my own personal truck. Now I think it is wayyyyyyyy ridiculous to pay someone else do it. I couldn't believe how simple this was so on Friday I got the stuff I needed and this morning I did it. Then I went to wash my truck.

Also today a good friend of my Mom's called and asked me to go with her to Lowe's to help her with some stuff so I agreed to go. I love Lowe's but this was a project for her. I actually had a good time. There are so many ideas that came to mind fer that lil place-o-mine in the brush. She treated me to dinner and I thought that was nice of her.

I'm off now to do a lil organizing and decluttering. There is some stuff in the walk in closet that is gettin' on my nerves that needs to go.

And to my new follower Tanya..thanks fer subscribing to my blog.

Until next time, see yall on the backroads.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When.someone.else.changes.your.oil.thy.also.check.the.air.filter.and.levels.on.your.other.fluids...I.have..never.caught.a.17".FISH!!

Jen said...

Hi Ms.Frann,
Yes'm they do or they claim to do it. I checked my air filter about two months ago and its still good. Brake,tranny and PS fluids good too. Im just glad I know how to change the oil now in my truck. Thanks fer stoppin by.

stella said...

Sure wish ya could go AWOL and come to Ky, well ya might wanna wait a week or 2 for the storms to die down. But I do have a bunker if it storms. lol
I dont change my own oil either. I know how and have done it long ago. Now I got "guys" around here fer that. If I gota feed em, they gota earn it lol

Jen said...

Hi Stelly! I sure wish I could make it there sooner than later. I may be a lil late but I'm going to KY I promise.
Iffin I had two guys here I'd probly make 'em change my oil too if they wanted me to feed 'em lol. Just glad I know how to do it myself now. Good to see ya and thanks fer stoppin' by.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen

I still check your blog almost everyday. Sorry you have not been out to your homestead. I guess gas at $4.00 a gallon is killing everyone. I've been working on my house and other projects lately like building a small workshop "in my house" and not in the garage becouse all the humidity is bad for tools (Im using a spare bedroom) I glad your ok.
hang in there.

Jen said...

Hi Captain...Gas prices are ridiculous. It is killing me as right now I am spending about 75.00-80.00 a week going to and from work! And I have a sorry ass job on top of that.
Nice to hear yer workin' on a project. What kind of hobbies do you have? Good to see you Captain and thanks fer stoppin by.