Early this morning I had an errand to run and on my way home(in the city)through a residential neighborhood, I saw some planks stacked neatly on a curbside. I pulled over to check them out and they were treated boards like deck boards. I thought OMG these are still good. So I kindly rang the doorbell and a nice gentleman opens it. I asked if he was throwing those boards and he said yes that he took his deck apart because he wanted more space. Said there was nothing wrong with the boards, they were treated boards and that he was hoping someone would take them and put them to good use. So, I loaded them in the truck. I made out like a bandit. Now I've got material for another project or my deck/porch. I love finding stuff like this.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
What a find....
Early this morning I had an errand to run and on my way home(in the city)through a residential neighborhood, I saw some planks stacked neatly on a curbside. I pulled over to check them out and they were treated boards like deck boards. I thought OMG these are still good. So I kindly rang the doorbell and a nice gentleman opens it. I asked if he was throwing those boards and he said yes that he took his deck apart because he wanted more space. Said there was nothing wrong with the boards, they were treated boards and that he was hoping someone would take them and put them to good use. So, I loaded them in the truck. I made out like a bandit. Now I've got material for another project or my deck/porch. I love finding stuff like this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment