Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Back again.

I apologize to those of you that read my blog from time to time for not posting regularly.

I started a new job and just dont have a routine established yet. Im so relieved though and thankful to have a job. I have been there for about two weeks and so far so good. It is with the parks dept in a small town rich in history. I spend about 90% of the time working outdoors and the rest on indoor projects. The people I work with are easy to get along with. No one is over our backs watching our every move which is great. We all know what needs done and git to it. After my probationary period is up I will qualify for all the full time employee benefits. My health insurance will be paid 100%!!

As far as my little homestead goes, I went over there this past Sunday hoping to do a lil carpentering but when I got there the freakin grass was high again! Needless to say, I spent the whole day mowing and fussing with the mower. When we had the drought, I didnt start the mower and now it is running funny. It starts right up and all just making a funny noise. The man at work who is very good at these small engine things said to spray some carburetor spray in the air filter hole and see if it clears it and if not he said he would be happy to look at it. It is nice knowing people who will do these things for you. The freakin grass/weeds were about 3-4ft high!! I also need new blades.

We have been having some variable weather conditions. Some days it has been nice and cool and some days it is still our typical South Texas flip flop weather. Yesterday we hit 95 degrees and today was like 83 degrees. Today we also had some heavy passing showers and showers are expected for the next two days. The mosquitos are soooooooooooo freakin annoying.

The changing weather patterns have also been messin' with my allergies. Today I dragged ass at work because I took an allergy pill bout 6pm the night before and you would think that the drowsy side effects would be outta me by then but noooo. I was so sleepy at work all day and felt annoyed but only because I didn't feel rested. I aint taking one tonight.

Aside from the allergy stuff, hot temperatures, mosquitos and riding mower problems....Life is good.

Thats about it over here and thanks fer stopping by. I hope everyone is getting to work on some fall/winter homesteading projects. Until next time, see you on the back roads.

2 comments:

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

I'm glad to hear things are going good with the new job Jen. Thanks for the update.

Jen said...

Thank you Hermit.