I finally found a job! Thanks to my cousins boyfriend. I am now a full time employee for the parks department for a neighboring small town and today was my first day. I didnt mention the job any sooner as I wanted to wait for them to tell me when to start. That confirms that the job is all mine. It is an outside job and get to enjoy the wildlife, fauna and all the native natural surroundings which fascinates me.
The first day at the new job went well. It was pretty much getting oriented with what all goes on in the parks. We did do some maintenance today in the parks but it is pretty much an easy going job. My supervisor said that the parks department in particular is pretty laid back meaning there isnt anyone breathing down your neck cracking a whip. They all know what needs done and get to it. It is amazing how quickly a particular task can get done when you've got more than one person on it. I also met with some of the important city officials. I was quiet surprised at how nice and friendly everyone was. The building that the city hall is in is an older but well kept building. Most of the people that work in it have been working there for years. I felt very welcomed.
I cant believe tomorrow is already Friday. We have an 80% chance of rain in the forecast. One day last week we had a 90% chance of rain and we didnt get nothing! The winds though are blowing like crazy.
Well thats it for now. Thanks fer stoppin' by. Until next time, see you on the backroads.
4 comments:
Congrats on the new job Jen. Sounds like it is right up your alley.
Good luck in your new job.
Congrats Jen! I know it will take a load of worries off your mind not worrying about the job situation any longer.
That's great news Jen! Now you can rest a little easier knowin ya have an income. And you can start pickin up mesquite pods at work! ;) Gregabob
Post a Comment