I wasn't gonna go to my property this weekend because I was a lil tired after work but something kept gnawing at me to go. So I went. When I pulled up to my driveway, I was a little dismayed to find my front door wide open!!!!!!!! I didn't bring a gun or anything with me because I left straight outta work. But I got out of my truck and I was a little reluctant to peek inside for fear that I might find someone in there or worse...a dead person.
Much to my surprise everything seemed to be the way I left it the last time I was there. I dont have anything expensive in there anyway but I do have a fiber glass ladder, a shop vac, a tool box with cheap tools I got a garage sale, my pellet gun, plywood and a brand new shovel. There was a little bare spot that seemed out of sorts like something was there and is missing but I cant think of what it could be. It must not have been important because I would have remembered.
What they did was kick the door open because they left a muddy boot print on the door. Bastids!!! The door has some slight damage to it but when my neighbor from down the road came over with her husband, he temporarily fixed it until it can be repaired permanently. I did place a 911 call and had a deputy come over to investigate it(before my neighbor fixed it of course). I knew there was nothing that they could do about it but I wanted to have it recorded anyway. He took pictures of the damage and it was obvious that they made entry. He gave me a case number and said that an investigator may be calling me sometime during the week. He was very nice about it.
Today (Sunday) I went back over there to check on it again and all seemed ok. The door was intact and undisturbed. That is not to say that it cant happen again. I didnt stay very long today. I was tired from the whole weekend working and then with the incident with the cabin I just feel unrested. I visited with my friend that lives a up yonder from me for a lil bit then it was time to head home. I really wish that tomorrow I could sleep in but its back to the regular work week and almost the end of the pay period.
I am going to be looking into a future purchase of a handgun and getting a concealed weapon license. I want a revolver type like a snubbie of some sort. I dont want an auto or semi auto. My hands are small so it has to fit just right. But I also want something that can do some damage.
Well thats it from my neck of the brush. Until next time, see you on the back roads.
4 comments:
Damn shame, but it's becomming more common in today's world.
Make sure you get training for the weapon od choice, and train, train train.
Good luck.
Did it MY way...
Thanks for stopping by. I will be looking into a handgun and the concealed weapon license. You bet I will train with it as much as I can. It sucks that one works so hard for what we have then someone just come and vandalize it. I hope that whoever did this will get what they deserve.
I'm always worried about that happening at my place too. Guess it's just one of those things we gotta watch out for. Too bad. Hope things are going real good with the new job Jen.
Hermit,
Thanks for stopping by. You just never know when or if it will happen to you. You will spend alot more time at your place than what I have been so maybe they will see it occupied. The job is going well. Still getting use to the little things that make all the difference. I like it because our boss is pretty laid back and isnt cracking a whip or anything. We keep busy and do what we gotta do and he see's that.
Post a Comment