Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The day of the snakes.

I was weedeating today at work around some huge live oak trees that are very old and there are some over 300 years old!! Those really old ones are magnificent and offer some great shade but among the trunks of those trees are little residents we know as snakes. I saw a total of five snakes today. They were all small in both length and girth. One was a coral snake. It had some beautiful color to it. Im not a snake lover by any means, in fact I think snakes are evil but this coral snake really did have some pretty color. The other was a cotton mouth and I didnt stick around too long to see what the other snakes were. Most were nestled among tall, thick grass around the tree trunks and one was in the gas meter area. I know I killed three of them for sure because I didnt know that they were there and WHACK! I became really aware of my surroundings real quick!!!

We had some passing showers today, again. It got hot for a little while but then in the afternoon the breeze starting blowing through and kinda made it comfortable.

I forgot to mention that yesterday while at work we hit the jackpot. One of the RV residents was giving most of their belongings away because his wife is sick with cancer and their RV'ing days are over. They told the parks dept. crew that we had first dibs on everything. My goodness they had lots and lots of dishes, utensils, towels, pots and pans, a nice fry daddy, a nice crockpot, maps, stationary, linens, throw pillows, and just a whole buncha stuff. Since I dont have ANY dishes, utensils, and pots for my cabin that is what I took. I got a nice Corelle set of plates, saucers and cute lil bowls. Its an incomplete set but it works perfect for me. I got some cute utensils, 4 more bowls, two good sauce pans, 3 loaf pans, a cookie sheet, a nice knife, and a percolater!!! All practical stuff and free!!! I felt like I had alot of money and just went shopping. I prayed that day for the lady with the cancer. They dont think she will be here for much longer. I can tell she was a good person by her belongings that she left behind for others to put to use. God Bless her.

Thats it for me for the evening. Thanks for stopping by and having a beer with me. Until next time, see you on the backroads!

No comments: