Monday, November 2, 2009

Still under construction...

The break in at my lil cabin has had me concerned. Luckily a neighbor from down the road and a friend of mine have been checking on my place. I did confirm though that the intruder did steal my Skilsaw. It is no where to be found.

This weekend I had a friend of a friend come and help make some reinforcements to the cabin. We are bartering. I have been wanting to get rid of the storage trailer and he was interested in it so it turned out to be an even trade. We reinforced the walls by putting down some wrap, sheathing and then the siding. This is what i was going to do but i knew I needed help with it. We worked on this ALL DAY Sunday till dark. I was so tired but a good tired as we made soooo much progress. The only thing that slowed me down is that I pulled a muscle on my right rib cage. I pulled it good. But I kept going until I could no more. We got three and a half panel siding shy of finishing the siding. We still need the soffits, gable ends, caulking and fascia. It is coming along and I am thankful to have someone come and help me. He is doing a fantastic job. After the outside is done, it will be stayable at least for the weekends when I am not working so that I can be able to work on my place and the interior a little at a time. It gives me something to look forward to and will save me alot of gasoline.

Went trick or treating with my little nephews ages 3 and 5. One was the Incredible Hulk and the other was Venom from Spiderman. They really do think they are Super Hero's. We had alot of fun and we couldn't have asked for a better evening. I went last year with them as well and had fun so I knew I hadda go this year again with them. I look forward to going again with them next year.

Thats about it on my end. Still working and staying busy with that. Somedays are more tiring than others but that is with every job.

Thanks for stopping by and until next time, see you on the back roads.

No comments: