Yesterday(Sunday) I met with the guy that is helping me with the cabin reinforcements. We got a bit of a late start because he had a leak and had to fix one of their water lines. I got there early but we didnt get started until noonish. After he got there, we got right to work. I didnt mind that we got started late. He really is a good worker and kicks butt when he gets started. We needed three and a half Smart Panel siding to put up, the lil gable ends and soffits to git done. We also worked in the drizzle and had to dodge a passing shower a time or two. On the bright side, my roof is still holding up and there are no leaks to be seen!! All we need now is the soffits, fascia board, caulking and what nots. We should be done on Wednesday. I have the day off.
It sounds like what needed done wouldnt take to long but there are always adjustments to be made since i wasnt exactly square on my frame....truth be told. I have learned so much from this project. I have made many mistakes that I have learned from.
After a while, I got bored and wondered off. I decided to check on the wild chili pequin plants and was pleasantly surprised to find that they were doing great. The little rain that we've had here and there did them good. I was also pleasantly surprised to find new plants in places I didnt see before so I started picking some. Then i hadda go to the truck to get my loppers. There is an abundance of some stupid cactus that is long and thin and loves to wrap itself around trees, stems etc. I hate it and it also lets out a million little needles if grazed or touched by accident which is easy to happen. Did that and went on to a new location and started cutting back some limbs for easy access to my biggest chili pequin plant.
It started cooling off real real nicely and as the evening came upon us I was greeted by a beautiful sunset. Next to early mornings, late evenings are my favorite part of the day. That feeling sunk in of not wanting to leave back to the city. I started to feel dissappointed that it was gonna be time to go soon. This lil place-o-mine is really feeling like home. I can see me there all the time. I can see my clothes hanging out on the line. I can see my lil flower beds. I can see my lil fence as a partition with pretty vines entwined in it. I can see my dogs runnin' around and my chickens a peckin' in the dirt. I can see the soft yellow glow of an oil lamp from the road on a cold winters day. Can you see it?
Until next time, see you on the backroads.
4 comments:
Jennybear am beary proud of you! ~Grizzy~
I can see light from oillamps, and feel warmth from lil wood stoves----that painted a nice picture Jen! good to hear ya back at it. Gregabob
Grithy!!
Welcome to El Chiquito. Thank you fer the kind words and thanks fer stoppin' by fer a glass of tea. Come back now..ya hear!!
Greg,
C'mon in outta the cold and put yer feets up next to the wood stove. Thanks fer stoppin' by fer a cup-o-hot chocolate milk. Jus so you know, s'milk from a cow.
Post a Comment