Well, I had to work this morning for just a coupla hours and was out by 9am. I took DeeDee(Maddie Lou)with me to work because I was gonna make the trip to go check on my country place. After a quick lil visit to the park to let DeeDee relieve herself and let her do her usual dog stuff, we hit the road. And might I add that she is a good travelin' buddy and she really does like being in her carrier/crate.
Im glad it was early enough that way I didnt waste a whole day. I knew that it was gonna be muddy and wet from all the rain we had a coupla days ago and I do mean alot so I wasnt out there to work but only to check on things and turn around and go home to the city. Truth be told, I wasnt exactly feeling all that well.
When I got there, all seemed ok and as I was parked in front this big ol' muscular pitbull dog that looked like Petey(from the Lil Rascals)on steroids appeared outta nowhere! I'd never seen a pitbull built quiet like that. He stood like he was on guard and when I moved the truck closer in on him he looked all tore up and scarred like maybe he'd been a fighting dog at some point. These scars were not fresh or anything but you could tell he's been around the block a coupla times. I guess I spooked him cause he went and hid behind the house and I drove the truck around and honked and he took off. I have never seen that dog around the area and my guess is that he is a stray or a feral dog. I dont much care for any kind of wild dog. I knew better than to try and approach him but this now makes me uneasy about being outside. The neighbor behind me has never mowed his property and he has had it now about a year!! Such animals like to hide in that mess. If I woulda had my shotgun I woulda fired a coupla shots.
After a while I decided to head on out. It was still before noon and all I could think about was laying down for a nap since I didnt feel good. I finally got home and went down for a nap. I thought I had at least slept 2 hours or so when in reality I'd only slept like 20 minutes but that lil power nap made me feel better.
A quick trip to Walmart for some shampoo and what nots, then we went to the park for an evenin walk. Boy, DeeDee was runnin' like the wind blows! I'm glad I had her on a leash cause she likes goin' everywhere. I am finding out that bigger dogs and loud noises scare her. She is feeling alot more safe with me. She started to whimper and panic and wanted me to pick her up when she saw a bigger dog from a distance. There were some teenagers there and DeeDee suddenly was in the spotlight! She got all excited and silly, just like a puppy when they came up to her to pet her. She really liked that. On the walk back to the truck it happened again twice. She was jumpin' and prancin' around and loving it. I wished I had energy to burn like that. She burned off alot of energy then munched out on her Puppy Chow when we got back to the truck. She ate as if I have never fed her. She's wound down now and tucked in for the night. She's is also learning what the word "NO" means cause we been using it....lol. I am so happy to have her. I just can't imagine that she was going to be put down. I couldn'ta lived with myself.
I hope everyone had a great weekend and got to work on your homesteading projects. Until next time, see you on the back roads.
4 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving Jen!
Thank you MA Fat Woman....Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!
Maddie Lou sure looks happy Jen. I take my dog to work with me all the time. I think it makes them alot smarter to always have them with you, but it is good that they also know how to stay home by themselves also. Maddie reminds me of my dog Traction AKA Hoolio. A real name and a whole pile of nicknames.
Hi Hermit,
Maddie is alot happier now than when I first got her. She is learning to trust me and wants me to pick her up when she is scared. We are establishing a routine now. I think its great that you take your dog with you all the time to work. Your doggie is a cutie!! I hope all is going well for you. Thank you for stopping by this lil-place-o-mine.
Post a Comment