Back in the day, it use to have a zoo area and a house for the zookeeper. Neither the house nor zoo exists anymore. When I was a kid, this was one of my favorite places to go besides the beach. We use to pack a picnic and spend almost a whole Saturday or Sunday there. Rarely did we go buy a bucket of chicken or burgers to take with us. It was all food from home. It was so much fun for us kids in those days.
What happened to those simple pleasures of yesteryear? It seems that families and friends alike dont spend quality time like that anymore. Instead, they would rather go hang out at the malls, movie theaters, restaurants etc. My fondest memories stick out like a sore thumb. I had a wonderful childhood even though we didn't have much but we had each other and all of our daily needs were met.
Here are a few pics I took today. Not much left of the ol' park but the wonderful memories left in each footprint. Im glad the park is still maintained. It holds a very special place in my heart.
Click on pic to enlarge.
6 comments:
Seems like people nowadays have to 'be entertained' by someone else--for a price, of course. The park looks good--and the lil stream may be good for wetting a line....Gregabob
Hi Greg,
Thanks for stopping by. I sure miss the ol' days and you're right about having to pay a price for modern entertainment. There are catfish, bass, alligator gar, alligators and lil crappie in the stream. I had my fishin pole with me today that i was gonna use during my lunch time but there was a work truck with some guys there. I didnt feel comfortable so I sat in the truck and enjoyed the breeze instead. Hope things are going well for you. ~jen
Thanks for the pictures. Love being in the woods, and go every chance I get.
You have a great job.....Enjoy. Life is more than money.
See Ya...And I'll bring a pole and a couple of beers.
Did it My Way,
Thank you for stopping by. You are right about life being more than money. I wish I didnt need money to survive but I need it right now so that I may not need it as much later. Yes, please do bring yer fishin' pole and some beers. I love to fish! I carry a small fishin pole in the truck "in case of an emergency". ~jen
It looks like a beautiful park Jen. I can see where there would be alot of good memories. I have the same thing at times, old memories of some simple and quiet places that I used to go to frequently. You kinda reminded me to maybe revisti some of those places sometime soon perhaps.
Hermit,
It is a beautiful park. There are still a few original pieces of the swings, monkey bars, concrete picnic tables etc left there. Back in those days, it seems that certain equipment was mad real sturdy. Sometimes we need to revisit certain places. I invite you too. Thank you for stopping by.
Post a Comment