Saturday, November 28, 2009

this n that

Yesterday(Friday)I went out to my country place and did alotta weed whacking. It sure needed it. I trimmed around every tree out there, along some of the fence line on two sides and as I was along the fence line low and behold I found another chili pequin plant.

And speaking of chili pequin plants, it looks as if they may be going dormant for the year. A few of my others seemed to be giving fruit. My Gramma use to tell me that when they still lived at home they had big gardens and the way that they kept the chili pequin plant from freezing was to put at the base of it some fresh cow poo to keep it warm. Said it worked for them everytime so this year Im gonna go to the neighbor and ask for some fresh cow poo. Last year some of my chili plants got frost bite and although the frost bite was not all the way, it stunned its growth.

The place looks so much better after the weed eating. It looks tidy and clean except for a big patch of grass I didnt get to mow after I bumped a stump and tweeked the mower deck. I wasnt in the mood to mess with it after mowing all day so I let it be for another day.

There is alot yet to be done. I gotta get to the tree manicuring and clean em up some. I dont like it when they look all scragly-like. I also didnt get to the back of the property "fence-line". That needs to be weed whacked.

I discovered DeeDee is afraid of the weed eater. She freaked out when I turned it on. Poor baby. Today(Saturday)I stayed home to take care of a few what nots. I also felt arthritic and didnt make the trip out to my place. Today I also went and bought DeeDee's first puppy shot like 5 boosters in one from Tractor Supply. I thought it was a good deal for $6.50. Ive administered thousands of shots on people when i worked in a medical office so I thought this was no different. Well much to my surprise, my DeeDee flipped out in a delayed reaction...i guess after she felt the medicine work itself in. I had never seen her like that. She was uncomfortable for a lil while and I could tell she was crying which made me sad. Now I am worried about her as she is not her usual self. She is soooo lethargic, which i was reading is one of the symptoms, and she is so glassy eyed and blank in the face. I cradled her in my arms a coupla times and she seemed to like that. She just doesnt look like her usual self and i really am worried that something will go terribly wrong. Maybe Im just being overly protective. Whatever its is, looks like I will hold vigil tonight.

Not much more to say right now. Thanks for stopping by. Until next time, see you on the backroads.

No comments: