Since we were using cordless tools of course the last of the battery juice drains when the very last piece of fascia board had to be installed. Neither of us had our handsaws handy. (*making note to put handsaw in truck toolbox) I still need other little minor things like the trim board, caulking, trimming edges and I need to pull two of the front siding panel down from my previous screw up to make it flush with the floor frame. Thats ok because then I will have scrap siding panel for my future chicken coop. I already have one full sheet of the siding panel and I am getting one more.
The barter deal was instead of paying him cash he was interested in my storage trailer which I was going to sell anyway. Im tired of seeing it there. It is an eyesore and takes up space. I let him take it yesterday and am sooooo glad he did. I have reclaimed some good valuable space. That section where the trailer was parked needs mowing real bad. I hope to put up fencing there shortly as well. It doesnt have to be heavy duty mostly just to partition it off. I had already set my T-posts all i need is the corner braces and fence which I have put away.
That lil place-o-mine is looking up a lil at a time. It will be a never ending process but Im ok with that. It was such a beautiful evening. I sat on my toolbox for a while to enjoy the sounds of nature and the quiet. It really saddens me when its time to go back home to the city.
In all, it was a good productive day yesterday. The temperature was warm at about 85 degrees or so. So much was done and today I am just plain ol' tired. I wanted to go back today but now I dont know that I will...I want to but Im tired and dont know that I will be productive and make it worth my fuel.
I had Charlie Horses again last night because my calves feel tight and weird. I dont know why but Ive been getting Charlie Horses lately.
Ok now Im just ramblin'....so thats it for now. I hope everyone is enjoying their homesteading projects with nice cool weather instead of summer temperatures like ours. Thanks fer stopping by. Until next time, see you on the back roads.
*Edit to add: I didnt make it back out to my lil place. My body felt wore out from yesterdays hard work. It woulda been a waste of time and gas had I gone back today.
Back side. You can see that it still needs trimming and cutting in certain areas.
Side view. Please excuse the mess. Even the trees and grass have gotten out from under me.
6 comments:
Glad to see the progress. Every little step makes it that much better. I admire your ambition and fortitude. Few dreams ever take flight so I have a lot of respect for those working to make one come true. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your progress with us.
Mo,
It has been a long twisted road let me tell ya. But this is something that I want real bad so I have to find a way to make it happen. Anybody can make anything happen....if they want it real bad. Thank you for the kind words. Ya'll have done really great at Yonderosa.
I like the new profile pic. Your potassium might be low, eat some bananas. Might want to have your sugar checked too.
Thanks MA Fat Woman,
Thought it was a good change of scenery. I think my potassium level was low. I did a google search for high potassium foods and I learned that oranges and orange juice are high in potassium. Im glad because I had oj handy and didnt feel like going to the store for bananas. I will have you know that within a few minutes the tightness and cramping went away in my calves. Not all but the majority. Last night I didnt have Charlie Horses for the first time in like 2 weeks and had no signs of them either. Thank goodness for the oj. Thanks fer stoppin' by.
Things are looking pretty good your way Jen. I sometimes get leg cramps after working on my project too. I just thougt it was that my body was'nt used to that type of bending and working etc. Guess I'll have to get me some banannas and oranges. Keep up the good work Jen.
Hermit,
Thank you and nice to see you. Orange juice worked wonderfully for the leg cramps. Thanks fer stoppin by. You're doing great too.
Post a Comment